Chapter 31

I ate dinner with my parents that night. I played with the chopsticks, having no appetite to eat despite the food being served is my favourite.

"Lee Hyejin? Why aren't you eating?" My dad questioned me.

"Nothing. Eomma, appa, I'll get in my room first," I said. With that, I stood up and went into my room.

I sat on my bed, sighing. It seemed that my smile will never return. I haven't got to laugh or smile ; it has always been fake smiles that I flash upon these days. I lay down on the bed, weeping bitterly at my pathetic love story. Tears seeped through my pillow. I have never felt so lonely before.

***

A week or so past, and it's the day for our mid year exams. Loud chatters echoed through the hallway. I was heading to class when suddenly my shoelace loosen. I knelt down to tie my shoelace when suddenly someone stepped the back of my skirt. I turned behind and saw Taehyung standing there, looking down at me.

"Oh, sorry, didn't see you there," he apologised sarcastically.

I stood up and stared at him. "You think I can't sense your sarcasm?"

"Well should I clap for you then?" He raised his eyebrow and looked at me. He loudly clapped his hands, attracting the attention of many.

I rolled my eyes and was about head to class, when suddenly he grabbed my wrist and turned me to face him.

"Kim Taehyung, let me go," I said and tried to free from his grip.

"You're so pathetic. Are you making use of Seojun again?" He said to me.

I pulled my hand away and quickly ran to class.

*

"...Anyone caught cheating will get a zero for this paper," the invigilator warned us strictly. She started passing out the exam scripts.

I was actually real nervous. These past few days I never got to study. I just can't concentrate.

"You may start, now," the invigilator said and everyone quickly flipped to the first page.

It was the first question and I was already scratching my head. I forgot to study most of the questions. I broke into cold sweat and stared at the clock. I started to get anxious because the time's almost up.

After much struggle, the time was over and the invigilator already took our scripts away. I sighed. I know I'm gonna fail this paper.

*
Day past and it's the final paper, Science. I randomly put stuff that I know and completed the paper. Finally, freedom!

After the invigilator collected the exam scripts, everyone rushed out of class and headed home. I packed my stuff and casually stroll out of the classroom.

I decided that it's too early to be heading home. I should celebrate with a friend since exams were over, but I didn't know where Seojun is. Well as for Mina... I knew she'll be with Taehyung.

I went up to the third floor to play around the art room. I walked towards the piano, and sat down by it. I pressed the keys to play to my one and only favourite song.

My eyes got teary. Everything's hurting me to the point that I feel like dying. I have so much to talk about, yet no one to talk about it to.

I sighed and walked away, walking nowhere around the third level.

Just then, my arm was grabbed and I was turned around, to face Taehyung.

"Lee Hyejin..." he said panting, it seemed that he just ran all the way here. I frowned and pulled away my arm, trying to run away, but he caught me again by the wrist.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT JUST LET ME GO!" I shouted at him.
"JUST LISTEN TO ME, THIS ONCE!" He yelled back.

I stared at him while trying hard to hold back my tears. I waited for him to continue talking.

"You've got to see this," he said, dragging me all the way down to the 2nd floor. Then I realised, we're heading to the boys' toilet.

I moved a step back, "Are you crazy?!"

He shushed me, "Trust me, you really, really need to see this."

I got a little hesitant but ended up entering the toilet.

"See that first cubicle there?" Taehyung whispered to me. I nodded. "Put your ear at the door and listen to what's inside."

I did as he told me to. I heard smooches, like someone kissing, heavy breaths, whispers, and a little bit of moans.

My eyes bulged and I stared at Taehyung. Taehyung smirked. "Wanna see who it is?" He whispered.

I hesitated, but I was actually curious.

Suddenly, he kicked open the door and the door broke open.

I gasped. To my horror, I saw Seojun in the cubicle, making out with another girl. I didn't blink as I stared at them. Seojun let go of her, and stared at me.

I was so shocked I almost fell to the ground.

"Having fun huh?" Taehyung said to him and smirked.

I saw Seojun glaring at Taehyung. The girl he was making out with was one of the girls we met at the library. She quickly buttoned up her uniform and ran out of the toilet.

"I-It's not like what you think, babe," Seojun said to me.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT. I HATE YOU!" I yelled at him and ran out of the toilet, Taehyung chased after me.

I ran up to the third floor and went to the storeroom. I know it's Taehyung's hideout, I can't help it but cage myself in there. One by one, the people I love, disappoints me.

I sat on a pile of newspapers, burying my face in my two hands, sobbing. I exerted myself and tried to fall for Seojun. How am I going to distract myself from Taehyung now?

Just then, the door knob clicked. Taehyung entered the store room as well, sitting beside me. I moved away, but still covering my face. I'm embarrassed about myself. I can't even look at him.

"Now you know who he is," Taehyung said.

"Whatever, just leave me alone."
"Excuse me? It's my hideout, you're the one who should get out," Taehyung said coldly to me.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, heading to the door.

Just then, Taehyung turned me to face him. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a tight hug.

I tried to squirm out of his embrace, but he was still holding me tightly. I gave up, and decided that I do need him. I hugged him back, and continued sobbing.

"Why are you hurting yourself like this huh?" He said to me and gently stroke my head.

I couldn't reply to him but continuously cried.

When I felt slightly better, I sat back down, and he sat beside me. "Sorry for everything. I'm in a mess," I said.

"You're just plain dumb aren't you?"
"Yes I am, I can't help it."

"Yahyah, I didn't try to make you emotional and cry harder," he said, "Suck up all your tears or I'll kick you."

I slightly laughed and wiped my tears. Am I really smiling?

"I'll go home now, thanks," I said to him and left.

***

I entered my room and threw myself on the bed. It's been long since I've ever smiled at Taehyung, and I missed him. But Taehyung still haven't broke up with Mina, which means I still need to keep a safe distance away from Taehyung.

It's all up to me now.

-----------------------------------------

A/N ;

Sorry for the short chapter XD I'm just gonna end it with a short TaeJin moment. Thanks for reading :) I'll try to make the next chapter longer ommo ommo sorry ><