Chapter 28

I woke up hearing my phone's ringtone. My eyes flung open and I tried to remember where I am - The park.

I dug my phone out of my pocket, I squinted and checked the caller ID.

'Eomma~'

My eyes bulged. I quickly rejected the call. I checked my watch and it was already 15 minutes past 12am. Taehyung's head was still resting on mine, and he was still soundly asleep.

Should I wake him up? I'm not his girlfriend anymore, it's been a day.

"Taehyung?" I called his name shook him. He slightly moved. "Wake up, my 'punishment' is done," I said.

He slightly opened his eyes and sat up straight, sighing.

I fixed my hair and my jacket, I was about to stand up before he stopped me and I sat back down.

He lay down on the bench and rested his head on my lap. "Five more minutes," he said in his sleepy voice and closed his eyes.

"Yaahh..." I said and stared at him, flustered. "I'm late already, my parents are gonna kill me."

He had no respond. Five minutes it is then.

I scrutinised his face and smiled. He looks like a little kid when he sleeps. I started playing with his hair, squishing his cheeks but he never moved. With that, five minutes past fast.

I shook him and he woke him up. "Five minutes is up," I said. He finally got up and rubbed his eyes, yawning.

"Let's go," I said and stood up with him.

We walked home together, feeling sleepy. Suddenly, my hand was held. I stared down at my hand then looked up at Taehyung.

"W-Why are you...?" I stuttered.

"I know it's past midnight. Just be my girlfriend until we reach your doorstep," he said and gave his box-like smile, holding onto my hand tight.

I blushed and looked away. Doesn't seem like a punishment, does it? Wait, I'm not supposed to... ah nevermind.

We finally reached my doorstep and I turned to face him.

"Thanks for sending me home. It's nice being your girlfriend for a day, but it's a stupid punishment," I said to him.

He chuckled and slowly let go of my hand. "Yaahh, you're totally into me now aren't you?" He said and smacked my forehead with his palm.

"Ow!" I glared at him. "Anniya! Just get lost ugh," I said and rolled my eyes.

He slightly laughed and walked away.

Just when I was about to open the gate, he came back running to me.

"One last thing before I go," he said. I looked at him, confused.

He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a tight hug. I had a blank expression and I hoped he didn't feel my heart pounding violently in my chest. What's wrong with this kid? I hugged him back and seconds later he pulled away.

"Thanks for today, goodnight," he said quickly and ran off.

I watched his back as he went, and realised I couldn't erase my smile off.

'Isn't he the one who's totally into me?' I thought to myself and chuckled as I got into the house.

**

I took a bite on my sandwich as I read my book. My parents sat opposite me and ate breakfast as well. I looked up at them, then awkwardly looked back down at my book.