Moon 12

Jungkook manage to get away from the infected trap just before the chasing rogues  got to him.

He ran further into the forest, he was slowed down big time because of his injured leg and it wasn't a surprise that injury wasn't healing and the pain was excruciating.

He however tried to ignore the pain as best as he could as he pushed his muscles to run further. He was still too far away from the pack and can't afford to get caught. Fighting back would be risky with his now injured self.

The poison seem to be spreading faster into his blood stream as he seem to be loosing strength in his muscles causing him to panic.

"No no no.... Please!" He panicky mumbled to himself as he blindly ran through the unfamiliar woods. He could barely see anything in front of him as his eyes were getting blurry.

His speed has lessen and he could hear the rouges closing up on him. Jungkook was just a second from passing out and if he was in his human form he would be crying from fear by now.

"Moon goodness, please help!" He pleaded in his head as his consciousness seem to be fading away and his wolf was on pilot mood.

He tripped falling down. His consciousness finally slipping away leaving him vulnerable to the rouges.

He expected to wake up in chains but when he slipped out of  his unconsciousness he felt a sort of warmth

"Did I transform already" he thought nuzzling further into the warmth and he unconsciously sniffed and it smelled so much like his mate.

"I must be dreaming of him..." He thought wrapping his arms around the source of the warmth and scent before losing consciousness again fearing that he would be waking for real next to a cell or a torture prison of the rouges.

Jungkook whose muscles were trembling in the middle of the night from his burning fever as he has been going through for the part three days.

Suddenly he felt a presence, a calming one. He felt like he was suddenly cuddled under his blanket. The warmth felt so good bringing peace to his hurting wolf.

He grabbed the source of the warmth nuzzling closer to the body for more and the scent was so familiar and calming. He felt finger massaging his scalp causing him to sigh in relief and just like magic all his distress and pain seem to vanish away as he falls into a more peaceful sleep.

When he finally opened his eye lids, shutting them back immediately due to the bright light entering his room. He sighed and slowly reopened his eyes again adjusting to the light.

He looked around to notice he was in his room, he turned to the side of bed he felt the warmth last night but no sign of anyone been there.

'was it a dream too'

He thought to himself trying to sit up but his muscles where stiff probably from laying down for long. He felt his throat dry causing him to look around for any liquid to pour down his throat but saw nothing.

He needed to stand up to use the rest room too. Just as he was struggling to get his muscles to comporate with him he heard someone approaching his room door.

He hoped it was his friends or Jimin because he was scared to face his brother after disobeying his order and almost got himself kill.

But he was never luck because the door opened to see his hyung with a tray of water bowl and towel and bottle water.

Both of them froze. One at the fact of the other been awake finally and the other from fear wishing his bed could open and swallow him.

Jungkook noticed his brother frown not saying anything for a few seconds probably mindlinking someone before approaching him on the bed.

Yoongi uncapped the bottle water handing it over to the younger who collected it slowly taking a few gulp. He finished the whole bottle before turning to his brother who had sat on the couch close to his bed looking at him with an unreadable expression.

He bowed his head in shame waiting for his brother to start scolding him because he is dreading the silent more.

After a couple minutes of the suffocating silent and him silently praying someone walks through the door to safe him but of course no one came.

"I'm sorry, hyung" he finally decided to apologize with head still bowed.

"For what exactly are you apologizing for?" The older asked and Jungkook could hear the disappointment behind the question.

Jungkook felt so stupid, all his hyung has ever done for him since that night ten years ago is to protect him from every harm, neglecting the fact the he was an alpha too and treating him with caution, love and all he did was disappoint him over and over again.

"I'm really sorry, hyung" he apologized again with his voice cracking as he felt like crying.

"Are you apologizing for disobeying my instructions or almost getting yourself killed or is the fact you decided to keep your mate a secret?"

Jungkook eyes blew wide at the last question turning slowly to meet his hyung's face which was a mistake because the disappointment is written all over his face.

How did he know about his mate? Oh, maybe Jimin told him.

"I didn't mean to keep him a secret, I had my reasons" he said in a weak voice returning to bowing his head in shame.

"You would have died, kook! We needed your mate help, luckily you woke up. You can't go around keeping secrets from me, when did that even start? I thought we told each other everything" Yoongi said this time it wasn't disappointment that was heard but the pain of his younger brother not trusting him enough.

Before Jungkook could apologize further the older had walked out of the room.

________________
________________

Thoughts?

I purple you 💜

~taekook_mama~

1013 words