XXIV

(I'm not writing the coughing and wheezing because that would make reading it annoying. Thank you for your understanding.)

"When I was born, Quirks were just emerging. They were relatively new and not even called Quirks, but Meta Abilities. We expected super heroes, but mostly got petty thieves and villains with more power than they deserved. My brother, Yoichi, and I had never even come across someone with a Quirk until we were teenagers. Don't ask how old exactly, I've forgotten that long ago, but we were walking home from school and got cornered by an older classmate and his posse of goons.

The classmate had a Quirk that gave him the ability to create flames, not that we had ever seen him do it. His Quirk was nothing strong or special, merely a drop in a lake compared to some Quirks that exist today, but it had gained him popularity and fear throughout his social circles. He cornered me and my younger brother and demanded we pay him a toll for walking through his alley or he would burn us. We gave him what we had, of course, and then he laughed. He told us that we only had enough for one, and that I needed to pick which of us got burned.

I chose myself immediately. I was the older brother and it was my responsibility to take the hit, but as soon as I said to burn me and let my brother go free, his goons grabbed me and faced me towards my brother as the leader approached him.

I realized what he would do to my brother, so I shook his goons off of me and ran at him, tackling him and wrapping my hands around his throat as I tried to protect my brother. That's when I noticed an intangible… thing inside of him, sorry it is hard to explain what Quirks look like. I mentally pulled on it and found that it came with no resistance, shooting from him to me. It was then that he tried to use his Quirk and had a look of shock on his face when nothing happened.

I would rather not mention what I did to him in my anger, but by the time I was done his gang belonged to me and I vowed that I would never let harm befall me or my brother.

I was banished from my house, tossed out by my parents for being a 'freak', and my brother followed me to my new gang's favorite hangout, an old warehouse that actually used to stand in this very location. Call me sentimental, but I thought it would be poetic for the end of my influence to be in the same place as when my power was born. It was then that I proclaimed that I was All For One, and only my brother could call me otherwise.

I began to spread my influence, destroying gangs and taking their members until I owned everyone and everything. I would take Quirks with reckless abandon, but planned carefully. I even lent powerful Quirks to my agents, such as a teleporting Quirk to a man who took a fall for me so he could escape prison, then I would take it back and use a Quirk to change his features so he wouldn't get caught again, that is, until I owned every judge and jury.

But my brother did not see it as necessary measures to make us untouchable, but as me going mad with power, and in hindsight, he was right. By the time we were grown I was so desperate to get him to love and idolize me again that I forced him to take a powerful Quirk, and thus One For All was born.

He ran from me and joined a resistance movement against my power, only to die with them eventually. I mourned my brother, but then found out about his dormant Quirk. He had given his power to some child and it's power grew exponentially, with the boy obtaining triple the strength of my beloved brother. I was furious. That was the last thing that connected me to my brother and it was in the hands of some pitiful nobody? I became fixated on recovering my brother's Quirk at all costs, and chased the users to the ends of the Earth.

I spent so many years in control as I tried to take back One For All, and killed countless people in my attempts, until I killed one Nana Shimura, who was the seventh holder of your Quirk. She passed it to a young, Quirkless, little scrap of a thing who later would make his debut in America while I worked to control Japan.