XXXIIX

While Izuku enjoyed his life learning to be a father, a husband and a hero, Tomura Shigaraki seethed in the dark alleys of the city.

Now, Tomura Shigaraki hated a lot of things. He hated people, he hated society, he hated so many other things it would be fairly safe to say that he hated everything. What he hated the most right now, however, was his role playing bait.

After his sensei's betrayal and subsequent death, the good doctor Kyudai Garaki turned to him for help. With that brat Izuku's help, heroes were systematically dismantling All for One's criminal empire and oftentimes got too close for the old man's comfort. So, with Tomura's help keeping the heat off of his back, the mad scientist was able to work on intelligence gathering. So many fodder-type Nomu were sacrificed to make it seem like those stupid do-gooders were succeeding.

Of course, in a way, they were. This 'distraction maneuver' seemed to only be a distraction for themselves. So many good units were lost to heroes, thankfully though, they hadn't lost their most important unit, Kurogiri. His teleportation quirk made escape a cinch when the heroes arrived and started wrecking the place.

"Gah!" Tomura shouted petulantly. They were currently resting at the bar - one of their last bastions - and recuperating from their most recent loss of a massive warehouse. All the nomu stored there were definitely lost. "This fucking sucks! Why do we have to deal with this shit!? Why can't we just let the nomu out all over the place and hit 'em where it hurts?!"

"Trust the good doctor, Tomura Shigaraki." Kurogiri responded calmly, really the only way he could. The man made of shadows never seemed able to get angry or upset or even a little anxious. "He is yet gathering information for our next move, and it is important to-"

"Do our part, yeah, yeah, I get it." Tomura snarled at the man. "I'm just sick of doing nothing! It's infuriating!"

Shigaraki's phone buzzed suddenly as he received a text that was nothing but a codeword and an address. Shigaraki knew it was a meeting place.

"Kurogi." Shigaraki said, which caused the Nomu to open a warp gate to that location. He was in a dimly lit warehouse that had various devices that he didn't understand set up, one of which was being worked on by the doctor.

"Why are we here?" Shigaraki asked while he looked around.

"A new shipment of Trigger is being delivered and one of the Eight Precepts of Death is going to be there to receive it. These devices are for my newest Nomu, which will be able to rip the knowledge straight out of its victims mind." The doctor explained while he finished the wiring in the Nomu machine.

"Sweet, an actually useful key item!" Tomura 'praised'. The doctor bristled at the unspoken insult to his other works, but ultimately let it slide. He needed Tomura now more than ever since his master allowed sentimentality to get in the way of their work. "So, who's our target?"

"Your target is Rikiya Katsukame." Kyudai answered gruffly, "He's a massive brute, but you should be able to handle him with ease with the help of Hood."

"Ooooh!~" The Tomura cooed, "A new party member! This is getting better and better Doctor!"

"Be careful not to kill your target, Tomura. For Mindripper to work the person needs to be alive and intact." The doctor warned. "The rest of the thugs you may do with as you please but the lieutenant must survive."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it." Tomura responded once more like a child, grating on Kyudai's frayed nerves. If he could, he would get rid of the manchild but seeing as their resources were rapidly dwindling, he couldn't. He truly had no other options now. "Don't dust the boss, just let me get out there and do something."