- Chapter Twenty -

Luna and Izuku had a few minutes to study over the structure of the building where Iida and Bakugo waited inside for them. She had no doubt if Iida would be coming up with a strategic plan of attack for the two, but she had no doubt that Bakugo would also be coming up with a plan on his own. And that plan was simple: Attack. It made her all the more anxious, but ready for a fight.

While they waited, she cleared her throat to get Izuku's attention. They needed to come up with a plan as well, even though they were both very anxious about battling their classmates on the first day. And even so, they still had to plan something. "Hey, do you think that All Might will expect us to memorize the whole building? Because this place is really huge!" She said after half a second of silence, "You know, while we're waiting, we should really come up with a some kind of plan in case we meet-"

She cut herself off by seeing Izuku literally sweating through his costume as he stared down at the paper. He had a look of dread while his body seemingly shook, and Luna could guess it was because they were going up against Bakugo. "Ummm, Izuku, are you okay? You're breaking the laws of science by sweating through your costume!"

He lowered the paper a little from his pale face. "Oh, umm, sorry. It's just because we're going up against Kacchan." He explained, although he could tell that Luna already knew, "Plus there's Iida too, and after seeing him in the entrance exam, they'll both be a challenge."

She nodded her head, seeing that she needed to be the optimistic one right now. "Then we'll need to be on our guard, because who knows what those two will pull. With Iida's brains and Bakugo's... ummm.... Brawn, they'll be a tough pair to beat."

He sighed as he stopped shaking, only staring at the paper. It was though he wasn't able to look at Luna, and she had to guess it was out of nervousness. "Especially Kacchan because of how amazing he is. He can be a real pain, sure, but his strength and confidence... and his ambition... not to mention his Quirk. You all are so much greater than me..."

Luna bit her lip. She hated seeing Izuku doubt himself like this. It reminded her of the timid boy that she knew almost a year ago. It made her sad, because she wanted so badly for him to see himself the way she saw him: A true hero with a heart of gold.

She moved her hand, as if about ready to squeeze his hand, before he stood up straight and turned himself around to stand right in front of her. His eyes no longer held fear, but valor. "But that means that we have to be better than them." He stated with determination in his normally sweet voice. He then moved up his bottom mask again, which covered the bottom half of his face and protected the area of his face that his green bunny-like mask didn't cover. With his other hand, he held Luna's hand tightly, interlocking their fingers. "I refuse to have us lose today."

Luna's eyes widened as she let out a small gasp. But she smiled, because she was happy that he was no longer afraid to go up against Bakugo, as long as he stayed by her side. She straightened her posture as she held his hand in return. "So it's us versus our shared rival, huh? I can take that challenge, as long as you and I stay together." She said encouragingly, "We are a team after all."

She could see him smile from under his mask, nodding his head as his green eyes softened for her. It was as if even in the most darkest of times, she was always able to be his light. "Right, and we always will be. Forever."

"Forever." She replied softly. A moment of silence graced the two lovestruck teens, as if the universe was granting them a moment of calm before the storm of explosions that called itself Bakugo.

But the silence didn't last long as they heard All Might's familiar voice ring out through the city. "All right! Let's begin the indoor combat training! Team A and Team D, your time starts now!"