PROLUGE

I was sitting in our front yard for the past thirty minutes. The weather was pleasant and I was home , all alone.

The sound of tires filled the air and the mail man got out of his van and reached our house with a package. We rarely get any mails!

I ran to our front door and received the package. I noticed that it was addressed to me. So I quickly went inside the kitchen, grabbed a pair of scissors and cut through it, revealing a book.

I sighed and kept it on the counter. I grabbed a chair and sat on it staring at the book. "Why would anyone send me a book", I thought.

I opened it and the pages were blank. Except for one.

I AM WATCHING YOU

That's it. This is the only thing written in the whole book. Is it supposed to be a joke?

Then suddenly, the words started getting darker and darker. I screamed and threw the book away. I ran to the front door trying to get out of here. But the door was locked. I started screaming until i heard knocking sounds coming from inside the house.

I mentally decided if I should check where the sound is coming from. Maybe, my brother's back home?

I started walking towards the stairs but stopped dead in my tracks when I realized the sounds were coming from inside the book in the kitchen.

I was walking towards the book when i felt a presence behind me. It whispered "I am watching you".

I woke up struggling to breathe. Luckily it was just a dream. I climbed out of my bed and went to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water.

I found a book lying on the counter. My whole body felt numb. The last thing i know is that I blacked out.