CHAPTER : 23

"Ma'am I advise you to put the gun down" One of the officers ordered her. She laughed in their face and slapped Adrian. He whimpered in pain. My fists were already balled and I was ready to hit her when I get the chance.

Sophia took a step forward and I pulled her back. I wasn't letting her do anything stupid. I looked at her head and the cloth seemed to be doing a good job but I needed to take her to the hospital soon.

Sophia's p.o.v

"Give him back! You can kill me instead!" My eyes widened when I realized it was Bella who said this.

"What the hell are you doing?" I whisper shouted at her.

She gave me a 'trust me' look and I debated on how to feel about this. I couldn't let her die.

By the time, Maddie was grinning like a psycho. She didn't look like the old her. I was scared to even think about what she has become. A murderer.

"Good enough. And no smartness"

Bella started walking towards her. Some officers yelled at her to come back. "Nobody moves or else they both die." Everyone stopped talking at once. The only thing I could hear was my little brother crying.

She pushed Adrian's chair forward which one of the officers took aside and  gently opened the straps.

I watched with concentration on what was happening. One thing goes wrong and I'd just jump on her.

Maddie's psychotic grins were sending chills down my spine.

I saw with wide eye as Bella neared Maddie, she hit her elbow so hard that the gun flew and landed on the ground. This was enough for an outburst.

Maddie launched on Bella as the officers went in to stop the fight. In the meantime, I went to Adrian who hugged me tight. I wanted to help so bad but I couldn't with the injury.

It was like watching a movie. I saw the expressions and the way Maddie fought. Something was definitely wrong with her. This was more than jealousy.

Handcuffs were used because she kept moving. It was horrifying. She kept screaming as if she was possessed by a demon. She looked at me and screamed louder than ever. "I'll kill you" I flinched by the way she said it. I wiped my tears as soon as she was taken out of here. I sat on the floor and let the bad energy go.

This was one hell of a week. I saw Bella stand up from where she was lying. She had some cuts and bruises. She sat next to me and engulfed me in her arms.

"It's over." I whispered struggling to find my voice.

"It really is." She kissed my forehead and sighed.

I looked at her and with my fingers I traced her swollen lips. It looked bad. I almost felt guilty for getting her involved.

"Don't over think." She smiled at me.

"Thank you for everything." I said meaning every single word I spoke. If it wasn't for her, we would've been dead long ago.

We stood up hearing the sound of ambulances. My head was hurting and I just needed to sleep for long. I saw Adrian sobbing in the corner. He's alive. She saved him. I sent a grateful smile at Bella and walked towards him.

"It's over now" He grabbed my hand and we walked downstairs. They took Adrian first and when my name was called, I was stopped by Bella.

"I've never said this but I'm grateful for a friend like you." She smiled and looked down at her feet. "I love you".

I hugged her tight. "I love you too Bella. Thank you for saving our lives"

She nodded and I stepped inside the ambulance.

Waving at a standing Bella, I sighed.

"To the longest day of my life."