CHAPTER : 19

We just came home from my dad's funeral. It was a small gathering with a very few of dad's close relatives and friends. I didn't have much money left. With both of my parents gone, it was getting harder financially and mentally.

Adrian apparently took it really well. He did cry but after making him understand how both of them were in a good place together, he accepted it.

I felt bad about constantly distancing myself from him and the rest of the world. But it was my way of coping and as long as it helped, I didn't care what anyone said.

We came back to our house. I knew it'd bring bad memories but what other way is to keep the darkness away than facing it.

After I made sure Adrian was sleeping, I came back to my room.

"You took your time." I jumped, startling myself. Then, I heard those chuckles which made my heart skip a beat.

"You sure do know how to make an appearance." I stated, sitting on the bed facing Bella.

"How are you taking it?"

"I'm fine but let's not talk about that." I smiled and laid down staring at the ceiling. Bella followed my actions and we kept quiet enjoying the peaceful sound of rain.

"Let's find out who did it." Bella said out of the blue.

"You're crazy" I said managing a small laugh.

She raised up and rested her body on her elbows and looked at me grinning. "Noo. I mean, let's investigate. Like, real detective."

I stared at her as if she had grown two heads. "That's like the stupidest thing I've ever heard you say."

She groaned and sat upright. "Why? It's not like we have any better things to do."

After a lot of persuading, I finally gave in. She screamed happily clapping her hands.

"I think it's someone you know." We were now sitting on the floor with thousands of paper around us which were filled with random drawings. Our investigation wasn't going anywhere and we weren't the best detectives.

"I guess that's a given. He/she knows my address, they obviously knew my parents and what not."

She sighed in exhaustion.

"I don't know why it is linked with my dream. The only people I told about it were you, Madison and my mom." I shrugged.

"Someone must've heard it and used it against you. What a psycho." I nodded not knowing the point of this. We were wasting our time and energy.

A notification popped on Bella's phone which was lying in the middle. She picked it up and after reading, scrunched her face. "Ugh there's my cue to leave." She whined and stood up.

I brushed off my pants, a habit I had inherited from my dad. God, I miss him.

I realized I was staring at the wall reminiscing about my dad. Clearing my throat I led Bella to the front door.

She held her arms out and engulfed me in a tight hug. "Bye detective." I said blushing a deep red.

"You're cute." She laughed and walked away waving at me.