CHAPTER : 22

Bella's p.o.v

I ran as fast as I could. I didn't even bother locking my door. The only thoughts running inside my head was about Sophia's safety.

Madison was the last person I expected to be the killer. But why would she even do that? They were the best of friends.

I got closer and closer to Sophia's house and I couldn't stop the burning sensation I had in the pit of my stomach. I was getting sick by every passing minute. The idea of something terrible happening made me feel like throwing up.

As i neared her front door, I could hear dead silence. I searched around for a weapon because foolish me, forgot to come armed. I ended up with a few rocks as ammo and an iron rod from a bunch lying in the backyard.

I made my way quietly through the back door. My whole body was shaking with fear. I opened the door and pitch black welcomed me. I furrowed my eyebrows and stepped inside slowly.

I could hear some unaudible sounds from Adrian's room. I stepped closer to listen clearly. Madison's faint voices was only heard. Most probably, Sophia was in there too.

Darkness was the one problem I was facing. I couldn't see clearly. Just when I was about to open the door, I heard a muffled scream coming from the next door. Quickly, I ran towards it and opened to see Sophia strapped on a chair with her head bleeding. I was horrified at the image. Right on instinct, I grabbed the nearest cloth and used to tape to put pressure on her head. I didn't know if any of this was correct but I went for it.

The sounds of footsteps made me widen my eyes. I looked at Sophia to see her copying my reaction. The straps were too tight and there was no way I could take them out in time. So I did the only thing I had to do. I grabbed the iron rod and swinged it on the side of the chair. The arm rests came out and I grabbed her wrists and pulled with me under the bed. Right on cue, Maddie entered mumbling something.

I could feel Sophia's scared gaze on me. To say I wasn't afraid would be an understatement.

I saw Maddie's legs moving from under the bed. She seemed to be in a hurry. Her voice started becoming loud until when I could hear what she was saying. "How did any of this happened"

"She was your best friend"

"It's because of the other girl"

"Kill her kill her kill her" It started in a whisper until she was screaming it over and over again. I poked my head outside and glanced at the surroundings. I saw her back facing us and she was talking to herself.

Every single movement of hers was creeping me out. I looked back at Sophia. I need to save her quickly otherwise the blood loss could damage her so bad.

I saw Maddie stop walking suddenly and started getting closer to the end of the bed. With one swift movement, she grabbed Sophia's legs and pulled her. Panicked, I came out of our hiding place and hit her on the back of her knees. She collapsed to the ground.

It was now or never. I grabbed Sophia's hand and pushed her outside the door. "HIDE!"

I needed to give her a quick start. I could manage myself but she already has an injury. I looked at the front seeing Maddie stand up. Her eyes were burning deep into my soul.

"Give me sophia" She yelled.

"For what? So that you could do the same thing to her which you did to her parents?" I yelled back with the same ferocity.

"You are a brave little thing, aren't you?" She chuckled and took out a gun. I made sure not to give her the reaction she wanted. Instead I smiled. But deep down, I knew I was going to die.

I looked around for an escape. I was still standing in front of the door. If i were to go from here, she'll surely follow me. But if I were to injure, I could hide fast.

I saw a mirror hanging on one of the walls. I quickly picked it up and threw it hard on her head. Before she had the time to react, I ran outside.

The sounds of sirens could be heard. I smiled happily. The front door flew open and a team of armed officers entered. My smile turned into a frown when I saw everyone pointing their guns at me.

"We've found the killer. Over" The guy in the middle reported through a walkie-talkie. I found myself explaining frantically that it wasn't me.

"WAIT!" Sophia came running down."It's not her. It's the other girl." She yelled at them. All the guns went back to their original position. "My brother's held captive too. Please save him." The officers nodded and started asking us questions while the rest of them searched the house. A childish scream made us jump. I looked at Sophia and I gulped. Adrian.

I ran to the direction of the sound. It came from upstairs. I found myself walking slowly as to avoid any problems. I was horrified at the image in front of me. Adrian was strapped on a chair and Maddie had her gun pointed at the left side of his head. Sophia was shaking at what she was seeing. I held her tight for comfort.