CHAPTER : 11

We reached within 15-20 minutes. I got out of the car and went straight inside.

"You can follow me to the investigation room." I turned around at the sound of Officer Rodriguez.

I followed him till we reached a small dim room with a table and chairs.

I sat on one of the chairs and looked straight at him.

"You can start. Every single detail would help."

I told him everything, starting from my dream to the recent entry. He listened patiently, jotting few points in a notepad.

"You know what I think minus the attacks? That someone was playing a prank on you.  But I couldn't be too sure now, seeing how it escalated dangerously."

"What's the point? Can you help me?" I asked with hope.

"We'll try our best. I would need to talk to this friend of yours. What was her name?"

"Bella"

"Yeah Bella. She's number one on our suspect list. Although, I think someone might be forcing her into doing this considering she apologized for her behavior. Or she might be setting up a trap."

I couldn't believe her being innocent. She clearly didn't deny doing this. And as for someone forcing her? I don't know what to expect. Who will possibly want to torture me to this extent.

"What do you suggest we do?"

"Set a trap. Then confrontation."

"That's all?"

"As easier as that sounds, it's not. Now, I'll suggest you go home and get a good night sleep and maybe I could send an officer to drop you and your brother to the hospital."

"But I wanted to go now." I really wanted to be there for him.

"He's in surgery. They're not allowing any visitors. Might as well stay comfortable." He smiles and gets up. I thank him and follow the caretaker to a room. I find Adrian sitting on the bed sobbing. I sit next to him and hold him tight.

I woke up to a light. I see around and saw Adrian laying next to me. We might've dozed off last night. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. I've been avoiding looking into a mirror and I plan on continuing that. I don't want to see myself right now. I don't need another reason to break down.

I went back to the room and sat on the bed.  I want to go to hospital and check on dad but I need to let Adrian sleep. He's been awake for God knows how long. And I don't want him getting sick on top of everything going on.

"Good morning" Adrian's voice filled the room.

"Please go back to sleep." My voice was breaking. No matter how strong I wanted to be in front of him, I couldn't.

"I want to go see dad. Please Sophia."

I nodded and asked him to take a shower. Someone knocked on the door. I opened it and saw an officer standing there.

"Good morning. I'm here to take you and your brother to the hospital." She smiled.

"We'll be out there in five minutes. Thank you." I said and closed the door. Adrian came out of the shower and we went downstairs.

I saw the officer who was supposed to give us a ride and went upto her. She led me to a car and as we settled in, she drove off.

We reached the hospital in a few minutes.

"Thank you so much for the ride and for everything you and the other officers have done for us." By now, I was crying.

"You take care of yourself, sweetheart." I nodded and she sat in the car. I turned around and walked in.

After finding dad's room number, we went inside the elevator. Just as the elevator door opened, I saw Madison sitting on one of the chairs outside. As soon as she saw me, she stood up and ran towards me.

"Oh God! Sophia! Come here." She hugged me tight. The feeling of warmth filled me. I missed her so much.

"I came as soon as I heard."

"Thank you" It was all I could say.

She looked down and after spotting Adrian she gave him a quick hug too. He was sobbing. I bent down to his level and whispered, "He'll be fine."

"You said that about mom." He looked straight into my eyes and it physically hurt how I couldn't make him feel good.

I stood up and asked Madison, "Did you go inside?"

"No. I was waiting for you to go first." She smiled and opened the door for me.

He looked calm. As if, nothing had happened. His head was bandaged.

"Dad!" Adrian shouted and ran towards him. I followed him and sat on the bench.

The door opened and Madison came in along with a doctor.

"Good news and bad news. Good news is, he came just in time. His injuries will heal fortunately. Bad news is, because of all the pressure during surgery, he is in a coma."

A coma. I still couldn't process what he said. I didn't feel sad. I felt empty. And for the first time in a long time, I felt hope for some reason unknown.