CHAPTER : 17

"You can go inside now. We've removed the body." I looked up and saw the doctor standing in front of me.

"Thank you" Bella answered for me. I haven't spoken much instead of asking to go inside. They wouldn't let me see him, as the sight was too disturbing for children. Bella has been a great help. She contacted Emma about it and even texted Madison.

I stood up from the floor where I was sitting for the past hour. Bella stood beside me and pushed the door open for me. I thanked her and stepped inside the room. It almost looked too normal. I sat on a chair  and sighed.

There was a piece of paper in an empty glass on the bedside table. Confused, I opened it.

2 down. 2 to go.

P.S I'm still watching you;)

I groaned and sank deeper into the chair. Why won't they stop!

Two more to go. Adrian and me.

I wonder why this keep happening to my family. It's probably someone who's had a enmity towards us. But it doesn't make any sense. Why me?

Bella's p.o.v

I was standing outside for too long. I wonder how she's doing right now. I know, this is a lot to take in. I never knew her parents but my heart aches for them.

I've always thought how perfect Sophia was. Whenever I saw her at school, my heart skipped a beat. Knowing her was one of my biggest happiness. She made me happy and seeing her so vulnerable broke me. I will help her get through this even if this means I'd have to suffer.

I took my phone out and texted the number which had been blackmailing me all this time.

'Please leave Sophia's family out of this. I beg you. I'll do anything.'

My vision started getting blurry as tears filled my eyes. The sound of notification made me wipe my eyes fast as I read the reply I had received.

'Kill yourself:)'

'But how will I know you'd stop torturing her?'

'I don't lie, darling.' I know it was stupid of me to believe them but there was no other way.

I quickly texted Emma about this. I didn't give her much information about the dying as to avoid her being an obstacle.

I asked one of the staffs where the nearest restroom was and headed towards the direction.

I pulled a pocket knife from my shoes. You never know what's going to happen.

I positioned it on my veins and whispered to myself. "I'm sorry"

Sophia's p.o.v

I put the crumbled piece of paper in my pocket and headed out. There was no sign of Bella. I thought she was standing outside the door.

My eyes moved to the floor where Bella's phone was. She must've dropped it accidentally.

I picked it up and opened it. I didn't mean to pry but a certain text notification caught my attention.

'I don't understand a single word but I'll look over her.' - Emma.

I read the conversation and it didn't make any sense. I backed up and opened a recent text from an unknown number.

I felt my chest ache. She couldn't have done it. I frantically searched around for any sign of her.

"Has anyone seen the girl who came with me?" I shouted. Few of the doctors shook their head. A nurse came upto me and said, "Don't worry dear. She just went to the restroom." She smiled and waved it off.

I ran with every ounce of my energy left. No. She's still alive. She's safe. I repeated it in my head over and over again until I reached the restroom.

I stepped inside and found her whimpering with pain. Blood all over the floor and a pocket knife laying beside her. As soon as she saw me, she started shouting. "Sophia Go! I have to do this. Please-" She stopped talking. Her eyes shut and her breathing slowed.

"Help! Pleasee!" I screamed on top of my lungs. Few doctors came rushing inside and took her away.

I sat there crying as the thought of how she was going to even survive. I picked the pocket knife and cried harder. "I'm sorry"