CHAPTER : 15

We were currently sitting on Bella's bed. None of us spoke a word after that incident.

"I'm sorry" She said again breaking the silence. I felt bad for her. She had to go through so much. Sometimes, Maddie's words kept ringing in my ears. Maybe this is all an act. But after everything that's happened, I can say, we really do unexplainable things for the people we love. I glanced at Bella and smiled. Little did she know. "For the hundredth time, it's not your fault."

She looked up at me with teary eyes. "She probably hates you for choosing me. Your best friend hates you."

I sighed. "I'm sure she'll understand." I grabbed a handkerchief and wiped her tears away. "All gone. I hate to see you sad."

She laughed and stood up. "You really are something, Sophia."

I lay down as she left the room. Looking up at the ceiling, I touched my face, to find a smile already formed. The right person at the right time will always make you happy.

The rollercoaster of emotions I had been experiencing for the past few weeks was surreal. I visited my mom's grave every day and left daisies, her favorite. Getting in touch with Dad was hard, since they won't let any visitors inside. I never went to visit Adrian after I left him with Emma. I know it was stupid of me but I couldn't face him. Knowing how he had the most chances of being in danger, I just had to stay away from him. And above all, I was scared. To look at him. Knowing that soon enough he'd be taken away from me.

A pair of arms pulled me close to themselves. I hurriedly tried sitting but calmed down after I saw Bella's concerned face. I let myself sink in her arms and stayed there. I felt safe around her. There was no way she could do any of this.

We ended up talking about the most random things. I liked the feeling I had when I was around her. Her positive and carefree attitude made me happy.

"No, cupcakes are better with frosting." I said moving my hands in the air so as to prove my point.

"Whatever floats your boat" She laughed and laid down. I sat on the bed watching her every move. Realizing how long I had been staring, she cleared her throat and stood up. "What do you want to do?"

"Meet my dad?" It was more of a question than an answer. I wanted to meet him but I didn't know how.

She smirked and asked me to follow her. We got in her car and drove off. I kept reasoning with her how irrational this idea was. There was no way they'd let us meet him.

"Who said anything about them letting us meet him?"

"You want us to break inside a hospital?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"It sounds wrong when you put it that way." She pouted.

"It is wrong!" I threw my hand in the air. She laughed it off and soon we were outside the hospital.

"I think we should go back." I whispered to Bella who held a finger up signalling me to keep quiet.

"We could get caught and get thrown out of here. Or worse, what if they ban us from visiting?" I started panicking at that thought. They couldn't ban a daughter from seeing her dad, right?

We were walking when suddenly Bella pulled us inside the Janitor's closet nearby and flipped the light switch on.

I looked around taking in the surrounding. There were a lot of cleaning equipments and thus very little space for us to stand. I looked down to avoid her gaze on my tomato-like face.

She grabbed my chin and raised my face to her eye level. "I really like you but you've got to be quiet. It's now or never. Trust me on this one, we'll meet him and leave. No funny business. Deal?" She whispered.

I could feel the place getting hotter by every passing second. "Deal" I nodded.

"Good. Now, don't be too obvious." She smirked and left. Why does she keep doing this to me!

I followed her out the closet smiling. We stopped when we reached Dad's room. There were very few people in the hallway so it was easy for us to get inside.

"Be quick. I'll keep guard." Bella whispered and stood outside the door.

I hurriedly went to his bed and looked at his tired face. He looked better than before. I don't understand why they have to keep me away from visiting him. He's literally getting better. I quickly said some soothing words. Anything to comfort him if he was listening. I promised I'll be back and left the room. I gave Bella a quick smile and we started walking in the opposite direction.

"What are you girls doing here?" An elderly voice echoed the halls. Just as I was about to turn around to look at that person, Bella muttered a "Don't look". We kept walking while the shouting continued. Bella held her hand out for me which I gladly grabbed and we ran off.