CHAPTER : 2

"FINALLY! I'M OUT OF HERE" I shouted as I ran towards Maddie's car. As I neared her, I saw her staring at her phone.

"Hey what are you doing?" I asked her.

She jumped in shock and hurriedly put her phone in the back pocket of her jeans. I swear, I saw a list of fonts. But who am i kidding, why would she look at that. Although there was a chance she might. Her, being labelled as the weird kid was kinda accurate. But the bottom line is that she is my best friend and weird or not, I love her as my own sister.

"Nothing. Let's get home, shall we?"

"We shall" I said laughing.

The car drive was quiet except me humming to random songs. Madison turned around and looked straight at me.
I could tell she was deciding on asking me something.

"What's wrong, Maddie?"

"Uhm, can i stay at yours for tonight? My parents are going to be at a business trip for the night and I don't really wanna stay at home all alone"

"Of course. What are best friends for" I said, hugging her.

I'm so excited. We're having a sleepover!!

"Do you want to go back and pick some of your stuff?" I asked her. It's a school night. She'll probably want her clothes.

She nodded and drove the car to her house.

"I'll be back in a minute." With that she walked inside and came back few minutes later with a duffle bag.

"Sorry, I don't wanna leave anything behind."

"It's alright, I get it".

"C'mon let's go".

We reached my house. Madison parked her car and she followed me inside. Nobody was home so it was quiet.

"Let me go take a shower. You make yourself at home. You can grab something to eat or watch the tv"

"Yeah sure"

I went inside the bathroom. Even though, I didn't do anything today was really exhausting. After taking a long, warm bath, I went to the living room to check on Madison. But she wasn't there. I checked the kitchen, still no sign of her. I went upstairs and found her standing in the middle of my room looking around.

"There you are! I was looking all over for you" I said relieved to have found her.

"I was getting bored so I came here. Your room is really pretty".

"Aw thanks! Let's go eat something."

She followed me to the kitchen. I found two frozen pizzas. I put it in the oven to heat it and sat on the chair.

"You can go and select a movie. I'll bring the pizzas" I told Madison.

She nodded and went to the living room.
I took the pizzas out and grabbed two plates and headed towards the tv.

"So what are we watching?" I said sitting on the couch.

"I was thinking something scary"

"Oh no, not after what happened last night. Let's watch something funny".

"Alright".

We ended up not choosing any movie and watched short funny videos. It was fun. The doorbell rang and I made my way to the front door. I opened it and found my brother with her nanny.

"Hiii Sophiaaa!" He said giggling.

"Hey munchkin, had fun?"

"Oh yess! Emma gave me candies" He said running inside.

"She did?" I gave a questioning look to Emma, his nanny.

"You know how demanding he gets"

"Sure, I do. Anyways thank you for taking care of him" I gave her a small smile.

"Anytime. Bye. Take care" She said walking away.

"You too" I said closing the door behind her.

I went inside and found Adrian on the couch, crying while Madison was sitting in front of him.

"What's wrong?"

He continued crying so I turned to Maddie and asked her.

"What happened?"

She shrugged, "I don't know. I was trying to put up a convo but he just started crying"

"He's a little shy. Maybe that's why"

I gave him a bowl of ice cream and told him to go back to his room. He probably doesn't like the idea of strangers in our house.

After like, 2-3 hours, we decided to call it a night and go to sleep as we had to wake up early tomorrow. I woke up the next morning to find myself sleeping alone. Maddie was nowhere in sight. Her stuff too was gone. I got up and went to the kitchen to find my mother sitting there knitting a sweater.

"Hey mom, where's Maddie?"

"Oh she said that her parents are back early and she had to get home. She'll meet you at school"

Guess my only ride left me alone..

"Mom can you please drop me off today?"

"Sure, why not"

We reached school and i quickly bid goodbye to my mother and went inside. I saw Madison standing by her locker. She turned around and after seeing me, she started walking towards me.

"Hey I'm sorry. I had to leave early. Plus, I had some things to take care of."

"It's alright, wish you had told me this sooner."

She smiled and we walked to our respective classes.