CHAPTER : 20

"Thank you" Adrian said taking the plate from my hands.

"Make sure you eat all the veggies." I reminded him. Since the tragedy, I've been taking note on our food. I've seen so many people get depressed and neglect their health but I didn't wish to be one of them. I wanted to make my parents proud. They never deserved this ending.

A knocking sound broke my chain of thoughts and I stood up. It was early in the morning and I don't think so I was expecting anyone. Maybe it was Bella or Emma.

I walked up to the door and opened it completely surprised to see the person standing there.

"Hey" Madie waved at me.

"Maddie." I breathed out.

"I'm sorry" We blurted at the same time. A soft chuckle escaped her lips. "You go first."

"Maddie, I-I didn't mean to hurt your feelings but Bella is a good person. If only you give her a chance."

She smiled and shrugged. "I overreacted. It's no big deal."

I was happy on how fast we could resolve our issues and mend our friendship. I moved out of the way so that she could go inside.

"Hey Adrian." She said catching his attention. Seeing her, he jumped out of his chair and ran towards her.

"Will you come, see my trains?" He said pleadingly. She nodded and went upstairs with him.

They never really had a good relationship. Adrian always cried when she was around him. But I guess it was for good that things changed.

"I'm gonna go buy some stuff" I yelled and after hearing a couple okays, I grabbed my wallet and headed out.

Bella's p.o.v

I sat on my chair upside down and sighed. I had nothing to do so I ended up staring out the window

Just then through the window, I could make out a familiar silhouette walking down the road. My house wasn't too far off the sidewalks and hidden behind trees but I could clearly see the person standing there. I watched them swiftly taking a knife and hid it inside their boot. A gun hanging from their waist which they easily hit under their sweatshirt.

My heartbeat escalated quickly. I felt like my whole world was exploding. Thousands of thoughts were running around inside my mind.

I watched carefully as they made their way to the only house they knew. Sophia.

Her past words started revealing many secrets.

"I think it's someone you know." We were now sitting on the floor with thousands of paper around us which were filled with random drawings. Our investigation wasn't going anywhere and we weren't the best detectives.

"I guess that's a given. He/she knows my address, they obviously knew my parents and what not."

She sighed in exhaustion.

"I don't know why it is linked with my dream. The only people I told about it were you, Madison and my mom." I shrugged.

"Someone must've heard it and used it against you. What a psycho." I nodded not knowing the point of this. We were wasting our time and energy.

The only person who knew about her dream. The one who I saw with my own eyes carrying weapons and heading into her direction.

My hands started shaking on the thought of everything that had happened from the past few weeks. If they were capable of doing something like that, I don't know what will they do to her.

But all I knew was, I had to warn her about the killer. Her best friend, Madison Paige.