CHAPTER : 12

"..and then he poured water on him." I laughed for the first time in days. I was in my Dad's hospital room. The doctors said he could hear everything that's happening around him. And for a good recovery we need to keep a positive environment. So we were sitting there on the floor in a corner. Madison was telling stories from what happened at school lately. It felt nice to just sit and chat. Adrian has been feeling a lot better.

"Visiting time's over." The nurse's voice filled the room. I got up and followed Maddie out with Adrian.

"I guess I'll meet you tomorrow"

"Yeahh" I waved at her as she got in her car and drove off.

I looked around for the police car. Since that day, they wanted me to walk around with security. Just as a precaution.

"Miss Miller" I saw an officer walking towards me. "I was here to drop you off at Officer Rodriguez's. But turns out, someone's already got him."

Already got him? What does he mean?

"What?" He gave me a crumbled piece of paper. On the outside, it was written, 'only for Sophia.'

I opened it and my whole body started aching.

Telling others our secret now, are we? Sophia, I don't want you to think of it as game. I'll ruin you. Your little helper is dead. And don't you dare tell anyone about it.

I'm still watching you<3

"I-I'm so sorry. I d-didn't mea-an to." I sat on the hospital stairs and cried. He died because of me. My mom died because of me. My dad's in a coma because of me. I can't live with this guilt no more.

"Are you okay? I didn't read the paper. It's against our rules. If you want to file a complaint, we can arrange that."

I wiped my tears and stood up. "No it's fine.  I was only getting emotional. What's the cause of his death, by the way?"

"Um. I cannot give you much information but he had committed suicide."

"B-but that doesn't make any sense. Why would he?"

"Guess not everyone's happy as they show themselves to be."

He ended up giving us a ride to Adrian's nanny's home. She was like family. And was more than willing to take us in. I didn't want to bother Madison everyday.

I sat in the dining room with an apple. It has been five minutes and I still haven't eaten it. How can they even believe he committed suicide after what has happened with her family. And the note! He didn't read the note? Are they even going to investigate?

"Hey, I see you didn't eat." Emma sat down beside me. I looked up at her. I thought of telling her about this. But quickly decided against it. It'd be pretty stupid of me to involve more people into this. I can't take any more deaths.

"I'm not hungry." I replied and stood up to go. I heard her calling my name but I went straight into the spare room.

I opened the bag and took out the journal. I didn't want Bella to find this and write anything more. Bella. I had forgotten about her. I still had my doubts. She was such a sweet person and the notes would be really intimidating.

"Why are you doing this to me." I groaned into my palms and stood up. I need to get some answers. If she wants something from me, I'll give it to her. But she really needs to stop this killing business of hers.

I opened the window and looked down. It wasn't much of a height. If I ever were to fall, I'll probably end up with a broken bone. Deciding it was fine by me. I snuck out and using the pipeline, started to climb down. It would make noise in between and I feared I'd fall down but everything's worth a try, right?

It was dark outside. Realizing I didn't have any transportation or money, I decided to walk.

I walked faster as the wind hit my face. "Here I come."