CHAPTER 2

VANESSA P.O.V

I roll around my bed feeling the sheets being so soft and of high quality.I noticed that I had a pillow on my head when I clearly remember sleeping face down.

I opened my eyes and I saw a golden ceiling.I sat up and looked around seeing various golden and luxurious decorations all over the room,not to mention the room was huge!

I looked at my hands and they were so long and slender.They're well manicured too.And my skin was so soft and clear.

*Knock!Knock!*

"You're majesty.We are coming in"

Your majesty?But people only use that on kings and queens.

The door opened and a young lady with ginger hair and a bit older lady came in the room.

"Good Morning Your Majesty.I hope you have rested well after coming back from your trip yesterday."the older lady said to me while bowing

Trip yesterday?

First I wake up in this gorgeous room,then somewhat familiar ladies came to greet me like royalty and now they're saying I came back from a trip?

They stare at me worriedly and the ginger head spoke up"Your majesty,are you alright?You haven't been moving for minutes now"she asks me in a tone of worry.

"Laura,her majesty must still be tired so don't bother her any further"the older woman says to the younger lady.

Laura?

"Countess Eliza,I'm only worried about her majesty.We all know how hard she's been working especially with the upcoming new years party that she's hosting"

Countess Eliza...New Years Party...

"Can one of you pass me a mirror?"

Laura hurriedly gave me a mirror and I stared at my reflection.

This is not my face.This face is too gorgeous even for me.

Blond hair,green eyes and intimidating yet beautiful face...This is my empress's face,Navier Ellie Trovi!She's even more beautiful than the illustrations in this mirror!

Her skin was so clear and flawless and hair so silky.My empress is a living goddess,in character and looks.Seeing her face in the flesh is a blessing!I can die happy now!

"Your majesty,you've been staring at yourself for minutes now"

"Oh hush Laura her majesty is too beautiful to not admire herself in the mirror"

I look at the ladies beside me and smile at them"Do not worry about me,I was just checking something in my face"

I handed the mirror to Laura and thanked her

I got up and they lead me to the bathroom and helped me get ready for the day.I wasnt used to this but I endured it.

I went to meet the officials for the planning of the new years and I just sat there listening.I made sure I looked like I didn't want to talk to anyone and it worked,they never addressed or talked to me.Just how I liked it.Im still processing all of this and recovering from the shock of being here.

After the meeting, I returned to my room to find my ladies-in-waiting with nervous expressions on their faces.

"What's going on?Did something happen while I was away?"

I asked them and one of the ladies replied.

" The emperor brought some filthy girl back with him from his hunting trip"

"Then he called us and ordered us to wash the dirty thing"

"And here I've never even used my own hands to wash myself.It was absolutely shocking!"

"A complete shock!We only wet our hands when it's for you your majesty!"

Oh...

She's finally here.

"Did he only just arrived today?"

"Yes your majesty!Everyone saw him arrive this morning with that girl and then called on us when you left for the meeting"

So that means she doesn't have much hold to him yet.

"Why did he bring that woman back?"

"Her leg was trapped"

"Leg?"

"Yes.The emperor found her caught in one of his traps and saved her"

The ladies-in-waiting exchanged glances among themselves.

They must be nervous to mention how beautiful she is.

"It's alright.You can tell me"

"Even when she was filthy she seemed beautiful. I thought I imagined it even before I washed her, but she really was stunning when I was finished."

"Her beauty was comparable to the Duchess Tuania, the most beautiful woman in the world."

"Of course there is no comparison with you, Your Majesty."

I scoffed

How they dare compare Nian to that woman.Nian is in a whole different level than that girl.

"Your majesty!This is no laughing matter!This is serious.The Emperor seems to be fond of her."

"Oh really?"I smirked

"After washing her, I dressed her with clothing from someone with a similar size, and when His Majesty saw her he seemed concerned. 'How did you get hurt? Why are you so thin? You look pale...'"

I laugh

"Your majesty?"

"Do not worry about me.I will not let myself be affected by such matters.The emperor is a man and as a man he will obviously be affected by a helpless beauty.He obviously craves attention from a woman and now he latches into the first woman he sees.The emperor is clearly making a fool of himself.Dont you think so,ladies?"

The ladies was surprised with my remark and exchanged awkward glances between themselves.They probably didn't expect this from me.My empress is way too good to say such things out loud,but I'm not.

They all agreed and continued to make fun of the emperor and the woman with me.

I may have a habit to mock people and I often get carried away when I have people talking and supporting me in it.

Someone like me being put in her place knowing everything in her life to the people around her till the end,I'm gonna have a lot of fun using my knowledge and her power as much as I can while I'm here.I still need to consider the possibility of returning to my real world so I need to make the best of my time here.

So for now I'll just enjoy tormenting my object of hate as I've always wanted even in my real world.

Wait...

I just thought of something

This will definitely save me from a lot of troubles

"Where is his majesty right now?"

"He is having a meeting with the officials by now your majesty"

Good he's not with her

"Countess Eliza,get one of my wound medicines and call for the royal physician.Send them both to that woman and order the royal physician to do an examination on her.We must check if she has...anything...on her"