CHAPTER 3

VANESSA P.O.V

I'm on my to have a meal with the fool,the meal where I'm supposed to ask him about that woman and he gets angry with me for doing so.

I have no plans on doing that

He doesn't have a hold on that woman anymore now that it's been confirmed what she has.

I arrived at the eastern palace where that fool stayed, and sat at a dining table that was far too large for two people.And yet he wonders why Navier is so distant with him?

I grabbed my utensils and ate quietly taking few glimpses at him.He may be good looking but knowing what he's really like,the sight of him still raises my blood pressure even more now that I'm seeing him in the flesh and it was already bad enough when it was just on the screen.

I didn't want to talk to him at all but suddenly he opened a few topics.At first we only talked about recent political issues, such as the preparations for New Year's Day.

I was grateful to myself for learning about politics and governing,most of it from the ones I read ofcourse.

When we ran out of topics I stopped talking and continued to eat.I can't let this fool ruin my appetite and mood even more.

"Um...Empress"

I sighed. Can't he take a hint?

"Yes,your majesty?"

"I heard you sent the imperial physician to someone"

"Yes,I did.Do you have a problem with that?"

"No.I was just wondering why you would suddenly send the physician to her"

"I was worried about you bringing a random girl from the outside, concerned that she may have something on her,I sent the imperial physician to examine her condition.I was only thinking about the safety of everyone in the palace"

"Is that so...Thank you for that Empress.I see you are still warm hearted as ever.I hear you also sent her wound medicine.That was very generous of you"

"Well,It was you're fault she was injured,and as your wife I must take responsibility for her and your problems"

I saw him flinch at me and he stared at me at shock

He must have been surprised I referred to myself as his wife

This fool is so thirsty for attention it's pathetic.No wonder he immediately leaps at the opportunity to shower a random woman with affection to scratch that itch of his.So much for an emperor.

If only he expressed himself in a decent way but I guess that's too much to ask of him.

"Empress,you make it sound as if I always cause trouble"

"I've known you long enough to say so,your majesty"

He looked embarrassed with my reply and looked hesitant again.

"Is there anything you wish to tell me,your majesty?"

"I guess you have not heard yet but the woman I brought is...pregnant"

Oh I knew

"Did the imperial physician say that?"

"Yes,he did an examination on her and he found out that she is 2 months pregnant"

"Is that so?Good for her.Send her my regards."

This information will save me from so much trouble.

Now that woman won't be able to use the child to ruin my empress's life and this bastard won't dare take her as his concubine.But if he does still take her as his mistress he will only be making a fool of himself to everyone and make the imperial family a laughing stock.Well he does have a lot of audacity in him so I'll see if he's willing to do it.

I looked at him again and he looked uncomfortable.

Ofcourse he will be.Now that he can't take that woman as his concubine,all his plans are useless now.He can't use her so he doesn't know what to do with her.

I'm well aware that he wants to use her to make Navier jealous but that is still such a disgusting move.Sleeping with another woman hoping your wife will give you love.He's clearly thinking with his d*ck.

Well now that he knows she's pregnant,he won't be able to use her against me.

I'm honestly saving all of us so much trouble with that move.I know this defies the whole plot but still,knowing whats coming and what I will have to go through because of that pregnancy,I just cannot let that happen.It was already infuriating to see those events unfold on the screen and it felt even worse and embarrassing when it turns out it wasn't even his child.

F*cking hell I just realized I also saved this bastard from all the shit he's about to do.

Now,I just have to make sure everyone knows about this news and that girl behaves.

"Empress...Empress...Navier!"

I heard him call my empress's name so I looked up at him

He stares at me with a look of concern on his face

Why would he even be...?

Oh of course

This insufferable imbecile

He's probably thinking that I'm pitying myself because someone pregnant is residing in the palace and I can't get pregnant.

Being concerned like it's not his fault.

I rolled my eyes internally.I didn't want this scum to have anything on me so I have to suppress my annoyance until I have a valid reason to let it out.It was already irritating when he calls her heartless.Then I guess that makes him brainless.

"Empress...are you o-"

"Your majesty,since the woman you brought turns out to be pregnant,you must make sure she is well taken care off.Pregnant women are very sensitive and fragile so you must take good care of her"

"Ofcourse,Empress...But you see I don't know anything about such things"

"That's understandable.You are a man,it's not easy for you to understand such things"

I looked up at him again

"Do you perhaps have a request for me?"

"Yes,I was hoping to ask for your help of taking care of her,since you did say you are...my wife so you are also responsible for her and that we must share our responsibilities with each other"he says looking at the side clearly embarrassed with his words

Oh so he does know how to be embarrassed

Is he seriously blushing by his words?

I hate him so much I'm disgusted looking at his blushing face.

If it were an ordinary person,they will find this cute but for someone like me who sees him for who he really is and knows too much dirt in him,It just infuriates me.

And what do you mean share our responsibilities?Keep your shit to yourself you retard.

I put on a fake small smile and say

"It would be my pleasure,your majesty"