CHAPTER 16

When the music started,we started dancing and I swayed my body to the rhythm as smoothly as possible.I decided to dance with my eyes closed as I didn't want to see the repulsive sight infront of me.It's already bad enough were in touch.

I just have to endure this then Heinley will finally have a chance to ask me for a dance which I will definitely accept.

"Empress"

Augh.Can't he see I don't want to talk? Honestly this piece of shit is unbelievable.

"I don't think you should be getting friendly with that foreign prince"

I kept my eyes closed cause I know my eyes will look at him darkly if I opened them.

"He is a guest in the Empire,it is our duty to be friendly with him to maintain the peace between our countries"

"I hope you are aware of his reputation,Empress.It will not do you good to associate with a man like that"

"And my reputation is well enough to be seen in a better light even with him"

"I know that but-"

"Are you perhaps doubting me,your majesty?"

"It's not that...It's just that..."

"Just what?"

I opened my eyes and I saw his bitter expression.Yup...still repulsive

"I...don't trust him.And the way he looks at you-"

"Your majesty,he's a womanizer.What else did you expect from him when he sees a beautiful woman?"

"Are you perhaps saying that's what you think womanizer's are like?"

"Don't they give beautiful women special treatment?What matters is you see through their intentions and not fall for their tactics"

"Oh"

I saw a look of relief in his face.Yeah think like that.Believe I know his intentions and have no plans falling for his moves.Yeah,think that I only see him as nothing more than a womanizer.So this way he wouldn't be threatened and do something to interfere.Its so easy to get away with this kind of things.Just give them reassurance and make them feel relieved and then they'll calm down and forget anything ever happened.

But knowing this asshole,he'd still be cautious of Heinley.

I'll just act ignorant and give him words of reassurance to put his guard down.

The dance finally stopped and I curtsied to the prick to seem polite and made my way to where the chairs are.

My feet are aching...I need to rest if I want to dance well with Heinley.

I sat and layed my back at the chair.It was on the corner so it wasn't easy to see me.

Oh no what if Heinley doesn't see me here?What if he-

"My Queen,I was looking for you"

Heinley!

"Oh Prince Heinley.Are you not going to dance with anyone?"

"I couldn't really find anyone to dance with.The one I wanted to dance with was occupied"

"Are you referring to me?"

"Looks like my Queen has seen through me" he chuckled and then smiled at me

When is he gonna ask me to dance? I've been saving my energy and patience so I can dance with him

I noticed that his hands are behind as if hiding something so I asked

"Do you have something on your back?"

"Oh yes,My Queen"

He brought his arms infront and he was holding a plate of a piece of a strawberry cake.

My Empress's favorite...

"I figured you would be hungry after dancing so I brought you something"

"How did you know this is my favorite?"

"Really?I actually didn't know.Looks like I'm very lucky with you My Queen"

"It seems you are,Prince Heinley"

I took the plate from him and thanked him

He sat at the chair next to me and I started eating the cake.

He's so considerate.He set aside his desire to dance with me to make sure I'm not hungry.

Wait,but wouldn't this make us look intimate?Wouldn't it be suspicious that I easily accepted food from a foreign prince?And he's even sitting next to me...watching me.

No I have to calm down.I can't look like I'm enjoying his attention.I have to preserve my Empress's reputation.I have to look unaffected.

Hopefully,people don't get the wrong idea and instead compare Heinley with that idiot with how well he treats me better than that garbage.

"So are you enjoying the party,Prince Heinley?"

I should atleast just look friendly with Prince Heinley by talking to him until the party ends.

Whats the worst thing that could happen?