CHAPTER 15

The New Year's celebrations finally began.

Fireworks glittered in the sky at night, and people laughed and chatted in the streets by day.

On the first day day of the New Years Ceremony Banquet...

The Emperor and Empress always make an entrance together.

It's annoying that this is required but I have no choice as I have to do this for my Empress.

I headed towards the Eastern palace

I found the garbage waiting for me outside. He smiled at me gently and extended his arm for me to take.

"You look beautiful Empress"

I was surprised and I realized I lost my cool expression.I regained my composure and I took his arm.

"Thank you"

We walked towards the grand ballroom.

The doors to the hall were wide open. Four guards, dressed in splendid imperial uniforms than usual, stood on each side of the door, and one rapped on the door when they saw the prick and I. An official sounded the trumpet, and the noise in the hall subsided.

I took a few steps with the jerk at my side, and an enormous staircase stretched downwards from our feet out towards an enormous hall dotted with the colorful outfits of the guests.The prick raised his hand, and everyone bowed at the same time. I took in the crowd and I was relieved to not see Rashta in the crowd.

In the original she was only allowed to attend because of this asshole.But now she's not qualified to attend so she's probably in her chambers sulking.I'd have to check up on her after this.

I sighed and it seemed the bastard picked up on that.

"Are you looking for anyone in the crowd?"

"Perhaps"

I then saw a woman with brown hair and familiar features which I knew is Duchess Tuania.

Im finally seeing her in person.She's so gorgeous.And with her confidence and elegance,it's no surprise she's the most influential in high society.

When we finally reached the end of the staircase,I let go of the buffons arm and went towards the beautiful ladies.

I saw the other guests being surprised but I couldn't care less,I had to get away from that scum.He left my Empress to be with another woman infront of everyone and didn't even consider her feelings nor image.Not like he ever did.

And plus what better way to leave him than to hang out with the pretty ladies?

The ladies noticed I was approaching them and they curtsied to me.Then Duchess Tuania greeted me.

"Your Majesty"

"Ah,The Duchess of Tuania"

"I heard you organized this year's New Years Ceremony as well . It's very beautiful"

The other noblewomen and young ladies came and greeted me as well, and we carried on in casual conversation.

"Oh my.Is that Prince Heinley?"

"I heard he's a casanova"

"And that he associates with dangerous pirates"

"Will he choose another romantic interest here?"

"I wonder who he'll have an affair with this time"

"Well Prince Heinley is single,so it might not just end as an affair"

"Since he's to be the future emperor of the western kingdom,it would be favorable to us if he were to marry a woman from the Eastern Empire"

Oh it sure is bigtime

If only you all knew

I listened to them talk about the mysterious prince, and took a glass of champagne from a passing servant. It had only a little alcohol, almost like water. I tipped the drink up to my lips, lifting my head. Through the glass I saw the distorted figure of a man. It was Prince Heinley, staring in my direction. I lowered my head and pulled the vessel away from my lips.

I thought it was by chance that he was looking at me, but when our eyes met he didn't turn away his gaze. Instead, he lifted his own glass to toast me then took a drink.

My Empress avoided this interaction from lasting but I'd be changing that.

I smiled at him and lifted my drink then took a drink from it.At the corner of my eyes,I could see the guests looking at us surprised,some worried,some amused.

There were even laughing voices from somewhere.I turned my head in the direction of the voice. A group of people were holding on to their stomachs as they howled in laughter.

"Oh my,it must be time to dance"

Fucking hell

Now that the imbecile doesn't have a mistress,I'd have to do the first dance with him.I really don't want to. Can't I just have the first dance with Heinley like in the original?

Worst part,I only have myself to blame.

I then saw the jack ass approaching me and I braced myself.

Looks like I really can't avoid him

I just have to endure this dance then maybe Heinley will ask me to dance.Then it would totally be worth it.

"Empress,would you like-"

I took his hand and dragged him to the center

"Let's just get this over with"

I really don't want to dance with him