CHAPTER 14

"How heartless"

I pulled Queen into my arms and placed him in my lap, and looked down at his magnificent golden plumage.

Ofcourse I'd want to have Queen and it would be interesting to always have him by my side.He wouldn't even have time to appear as a prince.

No,I shouldn't,that would ruin the entire plot even more.Its enough that I've changed my Empress's relationship with those two.There's no need to interfere with the others.

If I remember correctly,my Empress wrote a lie to keep the mystery between them.I should keep it that way even if we both know each other's identity.

I took Queen to my desk. I set him down, took out a piece of paper, and wrote what my empress used.

Hint.Im a man

This move is useless but Its better than giving myself away earlier than I'm supposed to.

*
*
*

I was finally done with my work when one of the servants came inside and gave me an unexpected report.

"Pardon me,your majesty.But Prince Heinley is here to see you"

I stood up from my chair and approached Heinley, he turned his head and greeted me.

"Ah,My Queen"

He took my hand and lifted it to his lips,giving it a kiss.

He came to see me right after my work just to hang out me.How adorable.If only my empress picked up the hints earlier then things would have progressed with them sooner.

"I hope I wasn't interrupting,my queen"

"It's alright.Why did you wish to see me?"

"To request a tour of the palace"

"A tour?"

"Yes,the palace is so grandiose,I'm afraid I might lose my way"

My empress initially offered a lady-in-waiting for the job but this is my chance to interact with my bird prince so I'll take the initiative on this one.

"Would you like me to give you a tour of the palace then?"

Prince Heinley was surprised with my offer but smiled right away.

"Yes,I was hoping that you might show me around,my queen"

"It would be my pleasure."

Prince Heinley beamed smiling at me

"This way"

*
*
*

“Have you been to Silver Garden? It’s a garden near the southern palace. ”

"Yes.Ofcourse I've already explored all of the south palace"

I've been making casual talk with Prince Heinley to make the atmosphere around us warm.

Prince Heinley is really bright and always smiling.He's the total opposite of my Empress.He practically balances her.

"Hmm...Then-"

But before I finished speaking, a familiar person ran towards us from the garden bushes.

"Empress!"

It was Rashta.But unlike in the original,she ran towards me and hugged me.

She's so touchy.

She really needs to be taught manners.

I patted her head and she looked up at me.