CHAPTER 6

VANESSA P.O.V

"What brings you here?"

Rashta takes out something from her dress.

It appears to be the handkerchief that I lent her that day.

"Rashta came here to bring back the handkerchief your majesty lent Rashta that day"

I saw her blushing looking at me but I also noticed her eyes quite dazzling at me.Is she perhaps...

"Is that really all you came here for?"

Rashta started fidgeting with her fingers as her blush became brighter

"W-well since your majesty has seen through Rashta,the truth is...Rashta wanted to see your majesty again.Rashta couldn't help but admire the empress with how amazing and majestic she is.Rashta wants to always see you and stay by your side,your majesty!"

Well this is...

Unexpected

I did know that Rashta genuinely wanted my empress's friendship at first.

But then again now that the competition between them is gone,well a pathetic one thats not even worth it,Rashta now has a clear and genuine desire to get close.

Perhaps cooperating with her will be for the better.

I've always hated how that Cunt put two wonderful woman in a position where they have to be against each other.Worse,they didn't even chose to be at those positions.

If only in the original they've set aside their differences and worked together to go against and put that asshole down.

Navier and Rashta are both victims of their life circumstances and that piece of shit made it worse by playing with them like they don't have feelings or be affected by his shit.

Rashta actually had potential but that asshole ruined it all.

That dickhead is the real menace in the story.

It would be better if I kept her by my side and make sure that pedophile doesn't get his hands on her.It would be terrible if he takes advantage of her and corrupts her like in the original.

I can't let that shitbag ruin everything like he did in the original.The original plot was already infuriating to the point of just thinking about it sends me a high blood pressure along with all that hateful thoughts that I can't let out nor complain about because it's not real.

That fact is also the only thing saving me from losing my sh*t.

I can't let any of those things affect me.I need to keep a clear head.I need to focus on changing the plot for the better.And that starts by keeping Rashta by my side and making sure she doesn't get corrupted by all those terrible things that happened to her in the original.

For now,I'll show Rashta that I'm okay with her staying by my side and that she has my protection,that way she wouldn't have to do any of those twisted things to survive.

This is dirty but I'll have to make her rely on me.

"Thank you,Rashta.I appreciate it.Since you want to always see me,you have my permission to come and stay by my side as you please.You will now be under my care and protection"

Rashta's face beamed with delight and she immediately went by my side and knelt while clinging to my dress...again

"Thank you,your majesty!Rashta will serve you with all her heart!Rashta will do anything the empress tells her!"

"Rashta,get up and do not kneel.You are pregnant so you must be careful with all your actions"

I signaled one of my ladies-in-waiting to bring a chair and made Rashta sit on it.

"Here,sit here and have some desserts.As I've said you are now under my care and protection and you will be treated as such"

Rashta clapped her hands and exclaimed"Wow!Cupcakes!Thank you so much your majesty!"

The other ladies laughed at her actions while I drunk my tea.

She's still the same as in the original,being so happy with the little things.

That reaction just reminds me of that scum.

No,things are different now.I shouldn't let that piece of shit affect any of my plans or views of Rashta now.

As long as I'm here,he wouldn't have anything to do with her.Thats what I have to make sure.

"Well since you like the cupcakes so much,I will send more later to your chambers for you to enjoy"

"Wow thank you so much your majesty!"

"You can just call me empress.'Your Majesty' is way too long for you"

"Yes empress!"

"Now go ahead and enjoy the desserts and have some tea too but don't drink too much as you are pregnant"

Rashta looked at me with wonder then nodded at me with a smile.

I heard the ladies whispering between themselves but I just ignored them as I have my own reasons for doing all this.

It would be better to plan and do things in silence as I'm the only person I can truly rely on.