CHAPTER 17

The second day of the new years day ceremony.

I'm supposed to be wearing a red dress but this time I wore the blue silks that I received from the Grand Duke Rylan Roth.Mainly to show the irony that is happening now in this life.

This time,I brought Rashta with me to make up for her not being able to attend the first banquet.She was pouting the entire time and begging me to bring her the second day when I checked up on her.I could only agree so she would stop nagging me.So now here she is,by my side...talking with the ladies and the ladies were constantly complimenting her and she was very happy with the attention she's getting.I would smile whenever they said something pleasing to Rashta to indicate I like what their doing and so they kept showering her with compliments.

I'm not sure if Rashta notices my gesture but she would sometimes glance at me.

I was not obligated to stand with the   shitbag to the banquet on the second day, so I relaxed a little as I went to the banquet hall myself. There were many noblewomen there, including Countess Eliza and Laura, and Princess Soju from the Southern Kingdom. Princess Soju was the typical southerner ideal, sweet and generous and a skilled conversationalist. Everyone’s attention was drawn to what she said.

"Is that her Empress?The woman that the Emperor brought?"

She was pointing at Rashta and luckily Rashta was distracted with the ladies.

"Yes,it is her.It turns out she is pregnant and that she is great company.I have decided to take her in and now she is under my care"

Then Rashta and the ladies beside me stopped chattering with themselves and focused on me and Princess Soju's conversation.

"I see.You must really like her if you're even willing to keep her by your side when she's like that"

"Well ofcourse.How can't I be fond of her?"

I looked at Rashta to show I am talking about her

The ladies were impressed with how fond I am of Rashta that they continued to coax up to Rashta

Rashta might get too dependent on me but it's still early on the story so I'll just let it be

"Let's talk about something else!I overheard something quite interesting over a meal at the southern palace!Prince Heinley seems to have been anonymously exchanging letters with someone.He publicly asked for help in finding this anonymous individual"

The eyes of my ladies-in-waiting turned to me at the same time.

"Anonymous letters...sounds familiar, doesn't it?"

"It seems that Prince Heinley was the one sending letters by way of Queen!"

"Isn't this a good opportunity to become friends,your majesty?"

My Empress denied that idea but I'll just see what I can do this time

"But I'm already friends with Prince Heinley.And I felt like the Prince was familiar with me so he probably knew I was his penpal.I already have a good relationship with him now so there is no need to reveal about our exchange to the public.If word gets out about our relationship...my enemies may spread malicious rumors"

"Well,that is true and with all the rumors surrounding the prince..."

“Prince Heinley has many scandals involving women. He has the reputation of a womanizer, and if his private correspondence turns out to be the Empress, everyone will give her strange looks.”

"Yes so I’m not going to come forward,” then they all turned crestfallen.

"Yes,maybe it would be better to keep some distance with the prince.Its enough that they are on friendly terms"

The ladies-in-waiting all nodded and agreed on that idea

People will still talk even if I wasn't his penpal as long as he sticks with me

And if word does go out that I'm the one his looking for,it would agitate the high society and that scum and they might turn against me and Prince Heinley

Stepping forward then everyone finding out about it will only put us in a disadvantage

And plus...

It's not like Rashta can play that trick anymore.

I made sure Rashta didn't know about the letters cause she might cause a mess if she finds out about it.

Heck,she might even slip it out anytime if she knew.

It's better to keep her out of trouble.She's always in some kind of issue in the original.

She won't be attending much of the important events in the story so I won't know what will happen

I have to be ready for whatever happens from now on

Specially when I've changed so much in it