CHAPTER 9

VANESSA P.O.V

I returned to my room after listening to the ladies chatter about birds.

Unlike in the original,no secretary or prick was waiting for me.

Thank God.

I asked for them to serve tea and desserts  for us and I sat back in my chair.

Looks like there will be no need to 'look' for a lady-in-waiting and we won't have to go through the stress of looking for one.I feel bad for my empress when she accepted that task.

The audacity of that Cunt.He knows my empress has a lot of pride and yet he made her go through that?!Looking for someone to work for a mistress personally?!What a thick faced asshole.

Well I'm not gonna go through that thanks to me interfering with the plot and removing the source of conflict in the first place.

Revealing Rashta's pregnancy turns out to be the best thing I could have done in this world.Thanks to it Im not going through any of that torment and that jackass can't put me in misery.

Speaking of torment,I haven't been putting that shitbag in his place.I've been too nice lately by keeping quiet and laying low.I should be tormenting that buffon.I've always wanted to ruin that douchebag even back in my real world and now I finally have the chance!Maybe perhaps the universe is in sync with my desires and brought me to this world to agonize that garbage.

I finally get to fulfill my sadistic desires now that I'm here.Now to let out my long list of ideas to destroy that scum slowly and painfully.

"Your majesty,don't you think it has been  quiet in high society?"

"Yes,there has been no parties or celebrations lately.Its so boring this days"

Honestly I prefer it that way but this is noble ladies were talking about.

I'm supposed to be hosting a tea party to look for a lady-in-waiting but since there is no such thing anymore,I don't really have the need to throw a tea party.

But then again this is my chance to experience such a fancy setting with young ladies.Such tea parties weren't really popular or practiced as it was seen dainty and childish in modern times.Well I'm in a historical era so this is my chance to know what it's really like.

"You're right,it has been quiet lately.Maybe I should initiate something and throw a tea party for the noblewomens in our empire.Please send invitations to all the noblewomen and their daughters for a tea party"

*
*
*

Although only noblewomen were invited, the number of guests exceeded my expectations as women of high or low rank attended. I didn’t even know the names or faces of some of them, as they rarely made appearances in society.

The garden boasted a spread of puddings, jellies, and chocolates so that everyone could walk around and eat. At first, everyone seemed a little surprised to see a buffet layout at a tea party, but soon they were laughing and talking among themselves in amusement.

In the original,this tea party was supposed to be for looking for a lady-in-waiting but that's not the case anymore.Instead I'll be using this tea party to get close to Rashta and the other nobleladies.

I've invited Rashta to this tea party unlike in the original which made Rashta believe my empress hates her.With this,Rashta will think I'm fond of her and do her best to coax up to me.My plan is to make Rashta feel wanted and adored which is what she always wanted in the original.If I give her what she desires then she'd always cling to me and would never have to look for any of those in another.Hopefully she'll settle for this.

"Thank you for the invitation.Its been a while since we've met,and you are as beautiful as always,your majesty"

"Agreed!And to what do we owe the pleasure of your invitation to this magnificent tea party?"

"Nothing in particular.Me and my ladies-in-waiting just thought it would be nice for us to have a little gathering for the nobleladies and get to know each other more.It has been quiet in high society so having a tea party would be pleasant for us ladies"

It's better to make them think this was for fun and has no apparent purpose.

Rashta has been by my side the entire time and she hasn't talked to anyone.I kept hearing the ladies whispering about her and she probably heard them too.

This is a bit weird but this is my chance to show her off.Despite her background,she's still undeniably beautiful and I can use that to my advantage.I know I'll be using her to make myself look better but it's the best thing I can do to make sure she stays by my side and make her attached to me.

I must spoil and treat her good even in public to show everyone that she is close to me and that she is under my wing.That is the best thing I can do to protect her.

"E-empress?"

Suddenly I felt someone tucking on my sleeves.When I turned around I saw that it was Rashta.

"Yes Rashta?Do you need anything?"

"Rashta feels like she shouldn't be here.No one seems to like Rashta here"

Rashta was pouting,looking up at me with her large dark eyes like a child.The ladies whispered even more among themselves while looking at us.

I sighed.

I patted her head and smiled at her.

"Don't say that Rashta.I like you and I want you to be here.I hosted this party for you to have some fun and experience a real tea party."

"Empress did this for Rashta?"

"Yes,yes I did.So you should let loose and have some fun.Here,have some tart"I grabbed a piece of tart and put it in front of Rashta's mouth.

Rashta blushed at that but eventually opened her mouth and took a bite from the tart.Rashta cutely chewed the tart which I actually found amusing.This girl is clever when it comes to using her looks.She definitely knows what she's doing.She then ate the remaining tarts which left a few crumbs in her face.

I grabbed a napkin from the table and wiped the crumbs off from her face.

I must show to everyone that I'm fond of this girl so they wouldn't dare make a move on her.Hopefully Rashta will think so to and stay by my side.

Words will definitely spread that the empress is fond of the mysterious beautiful woman that the emperor brought,even feeding her in public and wiping her face personally.If people exaggerate it,they might say I'm very affectionate to her.

Now that I think about it,if this news gets to that dickhead,it will make him and Rashta be in opposition.

A guy like him who wants affection from his wife suddenly hearing that his wife is giving affection to another woman that he bought in public.

That sounds hilarious.Well in his case it's annoying but to mine it's priceless knowing their supposed to be with each other.

I wonder if they would ever fight with each other for my attention?

Nahhh

That fuckstain is too prideful to do anything like that.

I bet he'll just let me spoil Rashta and stay by my side and think we're just good friends.