CHAPTER 27

So annoying

What else is there to talk about? As if he has anything to apologize for

He didn't even get mad about Rashta which was odd considering how I've been giving her more of my attention.

Our situation with Rashta has been switched so ofcourse I expected some change in our interactions but his change of attitude is too much. He's supposed to be prideful and full of himself but now he's become completely unpredictable. Even easily backing down in our fights and looking emotional about it. I know I don't care about him but still, this is weird.

"I was too much on that dinner and have caused you inconvenience"

What?

"I shouldn't have acted like that especially infront of the many distinguished guests. I was blinded with anger. I'm sorry"

I froze

Did he just apologize? About something that concerns his reputation as an Emperor? I know he wants to fix things with my Empress but this is way too out of his character.

Oh no

He's able to control himself more now. If I can't get him to react as I want, I can't have a hold on him anymore.

I have to be more careful around him and start changing my tactics.

I turned around and looked at him with unwavered eyes

"Thank you"

I turned around again to leave because I'm afraid of what's to come

"Empress wait... I want to make it up to you"

Shit...

I should have made a run for it

I stopped on my track and turned back

"How?"

He approached me hesitantly

Here we go...

"I remembered it is your birthday soon. I think we should stay at the Imperial Villa to celebrate and to make amends. What do you think?"

What do I think? I think it's a horrible idea but ofcourse I can't say that, can I?

I cannot go through THAT. I didn't change so much things in the storyline just to go through something like that. I just can't. I have to find an excuse to get out of this trip. I have to!

"That would be a fine way to celebrate my birthday, but unfortunately I have already given my words to Rashta and my ladies-in-waiting that my birthday shall be celebrated in the palace in order for them to celebrate with me. I cannot simply take back my words especially when I had already announced it to many people that are expecting."

"Can't you just explain to them that you will be spending your birthday with me?"

"And break the promise I have made to them? What do you think that would make me, your majesty? An Empress that cannot even stay true to her words? It would make me lose my credibility as an Empress so I cannot do so."

I know how much he cares about the Imperial family's reputation so I'm going to use it against him.

Now he has no way to make me go to that villa with him

"Since you have already given your words then we cannot do anything about it. Can you at least promise me we will spend some time together at that day?"

Backing down but then bargaining? You clever shit.

"But the celebration will be at the palace, so as long as you are in attendance, we will be able to spend time together"