Chapter 24: Waiting For The Moment

(🖤🤍 Tiny Ranboo's Perspective 🖤🤍)

Ranboo held Tubbo close, savoring Tubbo's warmth and the feel of their fingers laced together and their bodies only being a few inches away from each other. Ranboo wanted to kiss Tubbo. He really did, but he had to wait to escape to a better environment to fully kiss him. He knew his mask made it harder for those type of things. He decided he'd give a head kiss with his mask, telling Tubbo that he liked him, and found him attractive and cute and that he was perfect as he was. He just needed to wait for the perfect moment.

(Back to Tubbo)

The moment was amazing but he knew he was missing something. He could see couples give each other short kisses on cheeks, heads, noses, necks, and lips. The air was filled with love and romance, and here Tubbo was having a crush on his friend that he met in August and them dancing, platonically. He didn't hate the word, just that it was used with him and Ranboo. He wanted more between the two, he wishes he knew Ranboo's face. He wishes he knew the feeling of Ranboo's lips against his. He knew he really shouldn't be having these thoughts but that was that. He couldn't control who he liked and he knew that.

He wondered if Ranboo could see the longing in Tubbo's eyes as he looked over to a couple who was laughing and giving pecks to each other as they danced, because Tubbo felt pressure against his head. "I'm not gonna force you on this but I really like you Tubbo. I think your really attractive." Ranboo informs him, his body language seeming honest and warm.  He likes me? His mind questioned having to take a few moments to comprehend what was going on. HE LIKES ME! His mind began yelling on a repeat. Tubbo was blushing extremely hard and tried to speak. "I th-think-" he began speaking and then breathing a curse and Ranboo chuckled which made Tubbo's heart flutter. "I really like you too. Probably why I had run off when I was trying to ask you about this." Tubbo said to Ranboo. "Gay panic?" Ranboo said with amusement in his voice. "Gay panic." Tubbo breathed.

Ranboo tilted down his glasses to show a very happy and warm sparkle in Ranboo's eyes. It looked loving in every way that made Tubbo's heart swell and made him blush a little harder but it eased. Ranboo's eyes were filled with longing as well. Ranboo pulled his glasses back up and Ranboo cleared his throat. Tubbo nuzzled Ranboo's chest as the song began ending for the dance. "I uh.. do you want to leave the dance early or something. Go somewhere more private. I think my mask is actually suffocating me tonight." Ranboo told and Tubbo was confused why he was asking his about coming along. "But you don't allow me to see your face so why would I come along?" Tubbo asked him.

"Maybe I'm ready to open up to you about my face." Ranboo told him in determined tone. "Unless you don't want to see my face." Ranboo said in a teasing tone. "I want to I want to." Tubbo said quickly, almost interrupting Ranboo. Ranboo chuckled at Tubbo's quick reaction and the song ended and Ranboo let go of Tubbo's waist and Tubbo let go of Ranboo's shoulder. Their fingers were still laced together and Ranboo gently pulled Tubbo away from the circle and away to the halls to escape to wherever Ranboo was planning to take him.