A Gift

When Lex comes along imagine an anime critter.

Hope you like! ^-^

~~~~Kazi's P.O.V.~~~~

Jed walks in and realizes why I called him. He sighs. "Oh boy. Lets get this over with." He sits at the table with Nala. Gently pressing my hand on Birayn's back, I lead her over and haul out a chair for her. "Thank you." She smiles sitting down. I take the seat  next to her's. Fold my arms while leaning back, and glare at Jed and Nala.

"Talk." I order.

"Wquellgjkyosueeitds." They both speak at the same time.

"Stop." They shut up. "One at a time."

They look at each other. "What do you want to know first?" Nala asks.

"How 'bout, why Jed came running and said you have a fever?" I say closing my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Well I kind of had a vision after blacking out, but it wasn't really a vision. It was more like... I don't know. I just talked to our grand-dad on mom's side. Anyway, he said I have to go with you, no matter what. That's why I sent Jed out to find you. So I could find out when we're leaving." She explains cheerfully.

My eyes snap open. "Go with me where? And why do you have to go?"

"All he could say was 'Cana...' Then he faded. But I'm sure he was going to say Canada. I have no idea why. I just..."

"No."

"Maybe you didn't hear me. I said 'no matter what.'" She hisses leaning on the table with her elbows. "No, I heard you. And you're not coming." I look at Jed. "Why did you do what she said? You don't have to listen to her." I remind him. "Kazi. You can't just change the subject!" Nala shouts slaming her hand down.

I ignore her. "You know how I feel about Nala getting sick Jed. You know that's how..." No, I'm not gonna think about that. "I know. And I did refuse her." He says. "Then why did you come? And say that of all things?" I interrogate. "It's the fastest way I know to get your attention." He looks down "I'm sorry." He mumbles. "It's fine, at least she's not sick. But that doesn't explain why you came. You refused her, didn't you?" I ask.

"I, told him to go."

I stiffen. Please no. Turning my head I find aunt Liza standing in the doorway. I slump. "May I ask why?" I question. "Because Bri, your mother, told me when she found out she was... She said that you and Nala will go on an adventure. And that I, will have to tell you it was her wish that you take your sister with you." She explicates.

Damn it! Why mom!? I look at Nala. "We're leaving at four sharp. It's," I glance at my watch. "twelve fifteen now. You have three hours to do what ever you need to do." I inform her. She squeals, stands up and comes around to hug me. She yanks away staring at Birayn. "You.... you're Kazi's mate! Oh my gosh!" She pulls Birayn out of her seat.

"You're more radiant then I imagined when she described you." She gasps. "Come with me, I have somthing to show you." She trys to drag her out. But I grab Birayn's hand. "Where do you think you're taking her?" I inquire. "Oh calm down Kazi." She waves a hand. "I just want to show her something in my room. I'll bring her back, I'm not going to kidnap her."

Birayn squeezes my hand. "I'll definitely be back. We still have to finish our kiss." She whispers eroticly, kissing my neck. My heart picks up speed. She bites her bottom lip, eyes glazing over. She shakes her head and releases my hand, letting Nala take her out of the kitchen.

~~~Birayn's P.O.V.~~~

We leave the kitchen, go back to the living-room and start up a staircase. "Wait." She stops. "Don't you think we should introduce ourselves?" I ask. "You're right." She sticks out her hand. "I'm Nala. Younger sister to the dumbutt you're mated to."