Grim Reapers are Annoying

Grim Reaper >>>

~~~Nala's P.O.V.~~~

"Kazi you idiot!" I scream at him laying, not moving, on the ground. Birayn comes and kneels down next to him. "Oh, G-D." She whispers once she finds the bite. She touches it then rips her hand back, with a growl. "I'll bring you back to me, Kazi." Birayn tells him.

This aweful sound of bones breaking reaches my ears and I see a big red wolf run past us and into the woods. Not even noticing the guy thats standing right in front of him.

The man stares straight into my eyes. Even from this distance I could tell that he is very good-looking. He starts walking towards us and my stomach erupts with butterflys.

"Nala." Birayn snaps her fingers in my face. I blink, looking back at her. "Yeah?" I ask. "I need you to go to the car and get Kazi's and my bags." She tells me sitting down on the grassy floor next to Kazi. "Right." I turn and begin my hike to the Jeep. Glancing back at the guy, who's a lot closer, I dash to the car.

Once at the Jeep I grab Birayn's bag and reach for Kazi's when a hand comes out of nowhere and snaches it. My eyes snap up only to get lost in a pair of dark blue/grey eyes. I rip my eyes away and take in the fact that he's only about an inch from my body.

There goes those butterflys again.

"Give me the bag back." I hold out my hand. He smirks. "I don't think so." Twisting on his heel he walks into the woods. "I need that bag!" I shout running after him.

He turns to me, walking backwards into the woods and I notice how long his hair is, the way it swishes in the wind and how it's in a small, loose, ponytail at his neck. He also has facial hair, not to much though, just the right amount. The places that are trimed look as soft as silk, like he just shaved this morning.

As his lips move, my body heats up. I wonder what else he could do with thoes lips... The words he's saying go in one ear and out the other. Seeing him smirk again brings me back to reality. "You didn't hear me did you?" He questions. "No, I didn't." I say looking him in the eye.

Bad idea.

I'm lost in he's mesmerizing eyes again, when all of a sudden, my back is against a tree. "I asked for your name." He says leaning over me. "Give me the bag, then I'll tell you." I bargain. "No." And with that, he backs away and continues walking towards the clearing.

I march after him. "Who the heck are you?" I demand getting annoyed with him. "I asked you first." He smiles back at me. "Ugh!" Throwing my hand up I run ahead of him. I get to Birayn and drop the bag beside to her. "Where's Kazi's bag?" She glances up at me shuffeling through her bag.

"The idiot has it." I tell her, nodding to the guy. "Who?" She gazes around. "Him!" I point. "Nala, stop playing around. We don't have time for this. Now please, go get Kazi's bag." She says fliping open a kit. "I'm telling you. The guy is holding Kazi's bag, right here!" I go over and jab my finger at his chest.

Birayn sighs. "Nala, I don't see anyone." Just as the words leave her mouth, the wind blows his scent in my face. Burning pine and... My eyes widen. Judgment. I gasp. "You're..." I back away, still pointing at him. "You finally got it." He smiles. "That's why she can't see you?" I ask.

He nods. "One of the perks of being the Grim Reaper. You only see me if I want you to. But that's only if you're not from the underworld. Sadly I can't hide from my father and grand-father."

Breathe, Nala. Breathe. Wait. G-D, no...

"Why are you here?" I question. His face becomes grim. "Fitting. Don't you think?" Skilah remarks. "Yeah." I laugh. Locking eyes, Grim states. "I'll just say it. He's about to die." I freeze. What? "Who is?" I ask. I already know, but I really don't want to hear it. "You know who." He says with a blank face.

"No." I clench my jaw. "He will not die. He's not allowed to." Grim steps foward. "You're not the judge of that." He says. "And you are?" I snap. He raises a brow. "Actually, I do have a big say in it, yes." I nod. "True. But G-D makes the final say." I remind him. Tilting his head, he asks. "Is your brother a strong believer in G-D?" And takes another step. "No, not really. After all the cr*p we've been through, I can't blame him." I reply, taking a step back myself. "Are you?" He keeps advancing. "Yes." That got him to stop.

"Nala?" Birayn calls. "Yeah?" I answer, not looking away from Grim. "Sweetheart, you probably think you're talking to someone. But you're really just talking to the ai..." The words get lodged in her throght.

"Who the heck is he?!" She exclaims. "Oh? You can see him now?" I question. "I don't know. Does the guy you see have long hair?" She says. "Yeah, that's him." I affirm. "Oh, he's the idiot with Kazi's bag. Can I have that please?" Birayn walks up to him. "Sure." Grim hands it over.

"What!? Why would you give it to her but not me?" I yell at him. Grim stares at me. "She said 'please'."  I huff. "Are you five?" Staring at Kazi, he corrects me. "No, I'm twenty." He moves over to my brother and looks at the bite. "You said you have great faith, yes?"

I push him away from Kazi. "What of it?" Grim glances at me while turning to Birayn. "What is your relation to this man?" He indicates Kazi. "He's my mate." She replies, standing and punching buttons on her phone. "Where did Patty go?" She asks me. "After someone." Is all I say, as I glare at Grim.

"You know what to do, don't you?" He questions her. Birayn nods, holding the phone up to her ear. "Edmund?" She says into the receiver. "I really hate to say this." She sighs. "I need your help. I know I don't need to remind you, you still owe me. I'm collecting." She's quiet for a minute. "Seava Woods. 'Kay. Yeah."

She tosses the phone back in her bag. She scrubs her face with both hands, sighing again. "What was that?" I quirk a brow. "That? That almost killed me. I hate that guy. But, Kazi's worth it. And he's the only one I'd let do this." Rubbing her hands on her shorts, she sits down next to her mate, a look of consentration taking over her face.

"That was Edmund Karrell?" Grim asks, but it was more of a statement. Edmund Karrel? Where have I heard that name? Birayn nods again. "How in the world, did you rope him into oweing you somthing?" He demands, shocked. She smiles. "I saved his sister."

"I've been trying to get him to do someting for over two-hundred years." Grim grumbles to himself. "You just said you were twenty." I yell at him. "I stoped aging at twenty." He amends. "How old are you, really?" I question. Looking up from my brother, his eyes slowly rake up and down my body. "I'm not going to tell you..." He smirks. "At least not yet."

He crouches next to Birayn. "When's the vampire gonna be here?" He asks her. I freeze as it hits me. Edmund Karrel, pure descendant of Aa'ida, second gran-daughter of Dracula the first known Lamia/Vampire. 

"What the he*l!" I screech. Both Birayn and Grim stand, ready to fight. "Why the heck is a vampire coming here? Why did you say it's for Kazi? Kazi doesn't need a vampire to cure him! I will not allow a blood-sucker near my brother!" I scream at them.

Grim slowly comes towards me. "Nala." A shiver runs down my spine at the way my name rolls off his tonge. "Don't say my name like that." I scowl at him. "Like what?" He raises his hands. "L-like. Like, you just... Just don't say my name!" I yell. "Okay. Why don't you go sit down." He gentally grabs my shoulders, leading me to a stump.

"Don't touch me!" I rip out of his arms. And just like that, he throws me over his shoulder. "WHAT THE COCOA!" I scream, hitting his back.

Dang! He has a nice butt... Oh gosh, my hormones are all over the place!

~End of Chapter~