Battleships

Song for Trey and Candice.

Hope you like! \^-^/

~~~B's P.O.V.~~~

I'm cleaning the dinning table when Trey enters the house, a young girl behind him. "B, take this girl and get her what ever she wants." He goes up the stairs, leaving her standing by the front door. I smile at her and guide her to the dinning area.

"Are you hungry?" She shrugs. "Is there anything you're craving?" She stares in the direction Trey disappeared. "He'll be back soon, dear. If you're not that hungry, how about a snack while you wait? There's Oreos and milk, would you like some?"

Her eyes brighten and she nods. "Yes please." I indicate for her to sit. "I can get it, just show me where." She walks to the kitchen, with the grace of a feline. My heart soars. She might know something about my kids.

I rush after her and find her drinking a glass of milk. I smile. Typical cat. "What pride are you from?" I ask grabbing the Oreos.

"Crimson Wood Kingdom." She thanks me as she takes a cookie.

I freeze. "What's your parents names?" She looks at me weird then says Hannah and Harold. "Hannah Wesh?" She nods biting her Oreo. Candice, is Hannah's only daughter I know of. But what is she doing here?

"Do you know my mom?" She gulps her milk.

I nod. "She was my best friend." Her face pales and she stares at me. She opens her mouth, but the door opening cuts her off.

"Thanks B." Trey guides the shocked Candice out. I quickly follow them. Trey knocks on R's study door. "Dad, is mom in there?" I guess she is 'cause he enters the office. A second later, Trey pokes his head out then waves me over. I scurry in and close the door.

"What's this all about son?" R questions, hands clasped on the desk. Trey gestures to Candice. R's eyes scan over the girl. "What about her?" Trey's eyes roll and land on his mother.

"You said you have a right to meet her before I renounce our bond, here she is." Trey motions to Candice again. R glares and Elly gasps at Trey. Elly waddles around the desk, pulling Candice into a hug then holding her at arms length.

"I'm so happy my baby found his mate." Candice's face twists in confusion and Elly turns to her son. "What do you mean renounce your bond?" She frowns at him.

"I mean exactly as I said." Trey crosses his arms.

"But you can't." Elly shakes her head.

"I can and will." Trey states.

Elly frowns harder. "No, you can't. Our kind aren't allowed to reject. Only your mate can renounce the contract." She explains.

Trey's face is a mask of emotionless stone as he turns to me. "Take her to my room." He says and exits the office. I lead a very confused Candice up the stairs and open the second door down the hallway. She takes a big breath, her body relaxing with Trey's scent surrounding her and I leave her to look around while I track down the young Mr. R.

I bump into him as I turn the corner below the stairs. "Young..." He glares at me. I clear my throat. "Sir, I must speak with you before you see her." He stares at me for a minute, debating. Sighing, he nods and we walk to the kitchen.

"What?" He grabs one of the Oreos Candice was eating.

I wring my fingers. "I know your mates family." His eyebrow rises, asking how. "Her mother was my best friend and..." I still my hands, stand straight and make eye contact. "She was also my lady-in-waiting."

~~Candice's P.O.V.~~

I calm down while wondering around Trey's room. Eventually I lay on his bed and stare out his window. What did his mom mean, she's glad Trey found his mate? I know nothing about mates. Cats aren't meant to have mates, we aren't the type to stick to one being. Only Kazi has a mate, to continue his bloodline with a strong offspring. Speaking of Kazi, I can't wait 'til he meets B and finds out who she really is. But how did she end up here? Everyone thought she died. Why's she working for Trey's family? G-D what am I going to do? Trey's hot, but will I be happy with him forever?

I don't know how long I was staring out the window, thinking, but a noise coming from Trey's jacket drags me to reality. I get up and search the pockets, my hand closing around an object. I pull out... A pager? Who uses these anymore? And who is Jaddy? I leave the room and look for Trey, to inform him about it.

I find him in a gym hitting the guts out of a punching bag. "Not now B." He says and gives the bag a right hook. Staying silent, I walk in farther, sitting on one of the many body building machines. I watch as Trey continues to beat the bag, his muscles flexing and tightening. "B, I can feel your stare." He sighs, arms dropping. "I said not n-" His words cut when he turns and sees me, not B.

"Sorry to disappoint you. I'll just go." I jump down and head to the door.

"Wait." He says. I stop, slowly turning back to him. "I should explain a few things." He unwraps his hands and wipes the sweat from his forehead. "Me and my mom are genie's. My father is her 'mate', they have a contract. You and I only have a bond right now because you have not wished for anything from me. That is how most of my kind find their mate, his or her mate won't wish to know anything about the genie, only ask. I knew you are 'my other half' because I met you that way. You didn't wish to know my name, only-"

"Asked." I finish for him. He nods, smiling slightly. My hands fiddle with something and I look down, seeing his pager. "Oh, here." I hold out the device. "It was beeping." He takes it, reading the screen. "Who's Jaddy?" I bite my lip, scared it's his girlfriend.

He looks at me, then puts the pager in a bag with a towel. "Her name's Jade. She's my daughter." My heart stops and cracks all at once. The breath gets knocked out of me and I lean on the wall while my head spins. "Are you oka-" I don't hear anything else Trey says as black dots dance in my vision and I collapse.