~•Haunted Love (F & A)•~

Haunted Love/ Afterlife AU

Schlattbur

Kinda like a part 2 of Haunted Love oneshot version. 

Wilbur's POV:

Existence was blank. The world was dark but light. The brightness was blinding but dull and vacant. The world I was free-floating in was confusing. There was a bitter-sweet taste on my tongue. Blood?
It was tangy and salty, a taste that would make you scrunch up your face in disgust.
Definitely blood.

Were my eyes open? Could I open them? Or was I maimed, not having eyes in the first place. I blinked my eyes hard, opening them. It was light and blue. I was sitting in the middle of an orchid field. Nearby was a small strawberry field, it looked well taken care of. On the next side of me was a wide but but tiny lake.
How did I get here?
Questions bubbled up and over flowed in my head like a boiling pot.
Where am I?
Wait?

Who am I?

I heard a soft rustle in the grass behind me. I jumped, looking behind me quickly.
It was a man.
He had brown, wavy hair, soft brown eyes, and an odd beard.
Mutton chops?
I didn't know.
It seemed like I didn't know anything.

His goat ears flicked backwards, looking at me in confusion. He held a straw basket, full of strawberries, probably from the strawberry patch next to us. He also had ram horns.
Horns.

His legs were like a goat's. He leaned forward, sniffing me.
"Wilbur? What are you doing here?"
Wilbur.
That name sounded familiar. Along with the voice of this goat man.

"Wilbur? Is that my name?"

The ram nodded. "Yes, my name is Schlatt."
"How do you know my name and how do you know me, Schlatt?"

He looked down at me, taking his hand out to me to grab it.
"Wilbur, you'll soon learn how I know you. It isn't my place to tell you.... You have to find out for yourself."

I took his hand cautiously, bringing myself to a stand. I was taller than him, even though he seemed to loom over me.

"Ok... so you know where we are, Schlatt?"
Schlatt smiled.
"This place. This place is the Afterlife... gorgeous, isn't it?"
The gentle ripples in water was the only noises that could be heard. A soothing breeze disturbed the tall grass and flowers, rustling them.

"The... Afterlife?" I analyzed the goat man. His horns were curled in a way that was elegant but crude, a weird mix. "I'm dead?" I touched my body. I felt... alive. But something was different. I felt younger. Like I was still in my twenties. But I knew I had just turned about 70.

"Yes, Wilbur, you're dead." And, so am I! Yes, everyone who lives here is dead." The ram smiled, his sharp canines showing.
There was silence. The world around me was suffocating.

"...what..?" I took a deep breath, gulping down some spit. "W-well, um, why do you... have horns? Why are you a ram?"

"The same reason you have fox ears."

"..."

"What?" I rushed to the small lake, looking at my reflection. Bright, red, fluffy fox ears stared back at me. I had ginger hair, which felt off. Did I always have ginger hair? Suddenly a fox tail peered into the reflection.
I screamed and jumped back. I looked back into the lake, giving it a second glance.

Schlatt laughed as he appeared in the lake next to me.
"It's okay Wil. Everyone here also is a type of animal." Schlatt seemed happy to be dead. Maybe it was better than his past life.

"You keep saying 'everyone', who are they?"

"You'll meet them soon, love. But we have to get you sorted. I should take you to get checked in, assuming you didnt already?"
I looked up from the pond to him."No?"
"Awesome." He looked in my eyes. This man seemed seriously familiar. Like I knew him from a past life... He glanced at my lips and blushed.
"Um, yeah, awesome. I should, uh, take you? Yeah, we should go Wilbur."

I took in my surroundings once more. The fresh smell of newly picked berries and flowers stirred in the air.

I trust him.
Maybe I shouldn't... but I did.
Maybe I did know him from a past life.

I wagged my tail. "Okay, Schlatt. Let's go."

• • •

Words: 731
A/N: new Schlattbur book? maybe...