~•The Gods Only Know (F)•~

Mainly Quackbur kind of

Greek God AU (been reading Percy Jackson, 'cuse me-) (might do Roman gods?)

Third-Person POV:

His wings were sparkling golden. Shiny and fluffy. Some of the other gods called him and his wings 'a curse', but Quackity, the god of the midnight wind and the spring night sky, saw it as a blessing. His parents were Zephyrus and Artemis, an odd pair. No one ever thought that Zephyr would be in love with Artemis until he was born. He was said to be born as a soft, gentle, cool breeze. A quick flash of light , and then a pop! there he was. He was curled up in the fetal position, with his golden wings wrapped around him.

At first, the gods thought Artemis gave birth to a duck, as a curse to shame her and Zephyr's bondage, but then Quackity's face was shown. It was written in stone that his face was as petite as a duckling's but the older he got, the more his feature's sharpened. There is mixed scriptures of Quackity's real facial features, some say he looked like Zephyrus, some even say he looked like a duck!

But a real description, or most exact description of him is 'muscular, tanned, soft jawline, kind eyes, and a light glow like a midnight star.'
He always had a gorgeous twinkle in his eye, like a shooting star.

--

As Quackity lay on the fluffy, drifting, currently dark clouds of Olympus, he looked up into the sky, waiting for someone.

Usually, he'd be at his dad's palace, not at Olympus, but he got a call from someone special he just had to visit. Wilbur, the god of soot, risqué love and art, had called him. Wilbur was, sadly, known as a 'lesser' god (unlike Quackity, he was 'needed' by the gods and mortals), as he did 'nothing of importance', which is a direct quote from his father, Ares, to his mother, Aphrodite. Aphrodite loved him with all of her heart of course, as she was the goddess of love, and because the birth of Wilbur also proved her love for Ares, even though she was married to Hephaestus. The wonderful goddess of beauty and love allowed her son to join her in Olympus, even if the other gods denied and ostracized him.

Wilbur looked like both of his parents. The same strong, fierce jaw and nose as his father, but the same body, soft eyes, and caring smile of his mother. Sometimes Wilbur was depicted different from other sources (because Aphrodite's form and looks different from different people; whatever that person's form of beauty is, that's what they saw), like his mother, but the features stayed the same. Wilbur was the god of art, which didn't sound powerful at first but, art starts and ends many things. If the other gods knew that, they will tremble, maybe even bow before Wilbur.
Art ends life. Art starts them.
Art starts wars. Art stops them.
Art is not just paintings, but paintings themselves are powerful. Music, dance, theater are all forms of art.
And Wilbur had the power to give mortals, demi-gods, even true gods ideas of art.
Who do you think provided Shakespeare with ideas?
Who do you think helped the Cyclopes to build Zeus' feared lighting bolt?
Poseidon's staff ?
Athena's bow?
All him, but he never got credit for it.

Quackity hummed a soft tune he heard his dad's satyr played for him.
Suddenly, ideas flew through his head. Ideas of different things he could build, paintings he could paint, stuff he could draw, that's how he knew Wilbur was nearby.