~•A Dinner Date (A & F?)•~

(Karlnap)

(Also, blood warning)

Third Person POV:

The stew boiled and bubbled as his wooden spoon stirred.
Karl was in the kitchen, making soup. The air smelt of fresh clove and parsley. Karl loved to cook. He was taught by his mother, who was also a chef. But something he loved more than cooking food was cooking it for others to enjoy.

"It smells delicious, Karl!"
Karl turned around and looked at his company, giving them a gracious smile.
"Thank you. It's a recipe passed down from generations in my family." His gold bangles jiggled and he clasped his hands together. "Luckily, it's almost finished! Just needs a couple more seconds on the stove."

His guests were a married couple from a nearby town. The woman smiled widely at Karl as she grasped her husband's hand.
"We've heard a lot about your cooking since we've moved here. I've heard it's to die for."

Karl nodded and grinned. "I would like to think so."

Karl turned his back to them and turned off the stove. He grabbed two bowls from a cupboard and started to pick up the soup. He carried the soup bowls over on a wooden tray, placing it right in front of them.

"Well... enjoy! I hope you like it. I haven't had many visitors recently, so I hope it still has it's famed charm."

The couple smiled at him and began to eat. The rich broth was filled with sliced onions, carrots, potatoes along with chucks of beef and chicken.
The woman paused, "Wait, are you going to eat?"

Karl gave her a soft smile, "No, I'm not very hungry."

The truth was, Karl was starving. He was so hungry, he could eat a horse. His tongue traced his teeth, his keen canines scraping against the muscle. His smile only grew as he watched them eat.

"I'm... sort of tired." The man yawned, pushing away the empty bowl of soup.
"Me too..." His wife murmured, her spoon clicking against the bowl.

"Well, I'd be a bad host if I didn't offer you two a place to stay, wouldn't I?"

"Oh we wouldn't want to..." The woman yawned, "...trouble you."

"Oh no, it wouldn't be any trouble at all! I have a guest room that's always ready for occupants and it's late! I would hate the thought of you two walking home at this hour."

The husband grinned hazily, eye bags quickly forming under his eyes, "That's so kind... of you. Thank you."

Karl smile, "No problem."

. . .

The couple were tucked up in the bed, snoring away.
Karl's stomach growled like a wild dog trying to escape its cage.

He scowled, looking at the small closet in the room.

"They're asleep. They've been asleep. Do you just like to see me suffer?"
"Calm down, sweets." A figure slithered out of the dark closet, offering Karl a toothy grin. A smile which Karl didn't reciprocate.

The figure's name was Sapnap. An odd name for an odd fellow. He was one of Karl's frequent customers. He always loved the meals Karl gave him.

Sapnap sniffed the air, "They smell sweet."
Karl scoffed, "Oh please, just take your meal so I can have mine."

The two had a special bond, some would say a symbiotic relationship.

Sapnap flashed his sharp canines at Karl, a common way for vampires to show off.
Karl just rolled his eyes, "Just eat so I can dismember them. I'm starving."

"Okay, I will, my little black cat."
"I'd rather you call me by that other nickname."
"Witchie-poo?"
"I- never mind."

Sapnap grinned, practically dancing over to the sleeping couple. He also hadn't eaten in a long time. Karl had a shorten supply of fresh food ever since the rumor that he was a witch. I mean, he was, but that rumor was not helping them gain food at all.

Everyone started to avoid Karl's house and his cooking, causing the two to starve. This was their first meal in ages.

Sapnap growled, his animalistic senses taking over as he smelled them sleeping duo. He could sense, practically taste, the pure sweet blood they held.

Their relationship was simple. Sapnap would gut their victims, drinking the blood. Then Karl would cut and cook them. Yep, simple.

"I have an idea, Karl." Sapnap said, tilting his head to the side and peering into his cat-like yellow eyes. "How about I drain the blood? You can cook the bodies then we can eat together!"

Karl shrugged. "As long as it's quicker. I'm starving..."

Sapnap was what he called a 'classy' vampire. He had a special machine that sucked blood out of bodies for him. He drank it in a glass, like wine.

"How about you kill them for me, Karl darling? We can eat together."

Karl eyed him suspiciously.

"What? We both deserve this."

Kalr sighed. "Fine. I'll go grab my butchering knife..."

. . .

The two of them sat at the dining room table. Sapnap had his glass in hand, swishing the red liquid around, though it was much more viscous than wine. Karl ate... meat. With a side of caramelized vegetables and mashed potatoes. Karl loved to cook, so when he got in the kitchen, he meant business.

"So, this is like our offical first date then?"

Karl scoffed, cutting the meat into thin slices, "In your dreams."

Sapnap put his hand in his chest and gasped. "What? I thought we were lovers at this point. I mean, we live together, we hang out together, and now we eat together..."

"You decided to not eat until I was finished cooking. I didn't tell you to do that." Karl ate some mashed potatoes, grabbing a napkin to wipe his face. "That was purely your decision."

"Oh come on, witchie-poo. How are you not smitten for me yet? Are you using magic?"
"You know I'm not that type of witch."
"Oh, I know. But a gal can dream, can't he?"

Sapnap leaned forward, putting the glass to his lips.
"But I mean, if you had magic, do you know all of the stuff you could do? Gorgeous... pure, evil magic."

Karl nodded his eyes, "I know you have wet dreams of me having magic and using it on you, but trust me Sap, if I had magic, you would not be my main focus. I actually wouldn't even have you around."
"Why?"
"All you're good for is draining blood and my mental stability."

Sapnap giggled, placed his glass down, "Oh, you're too funny, Karl."

Sapnap grabbed the bottle of faux wine and pour it into his glass. It flowed in slowly, leaving a stench in its wake. It only made him hungrier. He licked his canines and placed the bottle down.
Then, Sapnap leaned over the table, making it shake. His nose was practically touching Karl's.

Karl yelped, "What is wrong with you tonight, Vampire?"
Sapnap chuckled darkly, "Oh, stop with the mean act, Karl."
Karl blushed, staring at him.

Sapnap smiled, "I've grown to like our 'contract' Karl. Perhaps we can extend it?"
"For how long?" Karl grumbled.
"For a lifetime..."

. . .

Words: 1185
A/N: And then they kissed... MWAH! Now, I'm working on requests guys sooo if you have any ideas, leave 'em in my requests chapter, or right here!