~16~

May 5th, 2022

"McCall, your first witness for today," Judge Rollins speaks as everyone settles in. Attorney Freya McCall stands up from her seat placing her hands on the table in front of her, shaking her head as her and Y/n just got out of their conversation.

"Judge Rollins, your honor may I approach the stand?" Freya McCall asks, confusion settling over the faces of the jury and the judge as the judge nods, motioning for her and district attorney Matthew Wesley to come up. Both of them head up and speak privately with the judge, both Rollins and Wesley's eyes on McCall. "My client would like Alycia Carey on the stand your honor, but it's one of his witnesses."

"Your client does realize that, no? Or are they ready to throw this case down the drain?" Matthew Wesley speaks, smirking proudly at the hearing of McCall's words. Freya shakes her head looking to the judge.

"I know it's not allowed, but they're pushing for this. Saying it'll help their case," Freya speaks quietly, looking only at the judge. Judge Rollins glances to  Matthew and shrugs.

"Matthew it's your call. Either way you'll both still get to question the witness," Judge Rollins says now glancing between the two.

Matthew smirks, nodding his head, looking to his opponent. "Fine McCall. Call Ms. Carey to the stand." And with that Matthew walks away from the judge and the attorney, returning to his seat. McCall nods and looks to the judge as she nods back.

"For my next witness, I call for Alycia Carey to take the stand," Freya McCall speaks aloud backing away from Judge Rollins. Gasps and murmurs escape into the court room filling it. A smirk dances on Y/n Williams lips at the words and trying to eavesdrop on peoples whispers but they quickly cover their mouth as the sound of the gavel is hit, causing loud noise to escape through the room over people's murmurs and whispers.

"Quiet in the court!" Judge Rollins shouts, hitting her mallet. This settles the court and Freya McCall nods as she looks back her to the two guards standing by the door. She nods her head and they nod back. One opens the door and walks out before moments later coming back in with a nervous looking Alycia. All eyes were on her and Y/n soon glances over her shoulder to lock eyes with Alycia's green ones. A smirk dangled on Y/n's lips, when the two lock eyes. Alycia tears her eyes away but not before giving Y/n a small smile as she's lead to the stand.

Y/n's eyes follow the Australian's. Y/n knew a lot. They know what they put the green eye girl through, but at the end of the day, they also know that Alycia's heart belonged to them.

"You swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God," the person who swears people in says. Alycia nods, before whispering a yes as she puts down her right hand. She sits down and all eyes were directly on her as her green eyes scanned the courtroom. She gulps, swallowing the saliva that's built up in her mouth. She swiftly looks away and down to her hands finding her wrists bruised and red. She closes her eyes, quick flashes of memories pop into her head behind those closed eyes before she quickly opens them. Y/n, tilts her head seeing the girl jump and leans up in their chair, cupping their hands together as their leg begins to bounce up and down.

"Ms. Carey, how you doing sweetie?" Freya McCall asks walking over to Alycia. Slowly, the girl lifts her head and locks eyes with Freya. The attorney wore a soft smile with her hands cupped in front of her.

"I-I'm okay," Alycia responds, her voice low sort of dry as she spoke but the mic picks her up.

Freya nods. "Last time you were in here, you were escorted out, wanna tell us what happened? What caused that outburst?"