Chapter 3

A/N

The K2 Twins as Rick and Chace Hale (aka The Devil's Spawns)

-------------

It's been a week since I slept at the cinema room with Satan. It was currently the weekend and everyone was out doing god know what. I was alone at home and going through some old photo albums. I had always wondered what family photos were like, but it had taken me 2 years to muster up enough courage to go through them. Even though mom and dad had told me that I can go through everything I wanted and go into every room without asking.

To be honest, I didn't expect it to last so long. It took me a year to start opening up. Even if it was a little bit. Mom and dad were always patient with me. They didn't force me to do anything I didn't want to. I expected them to kick me out during the first 3 months like the other families, but they didn't. Which came as a big shock.

The first album that I opened was full of baby pictures and family celebrations. They were pretty funny and cute. There was one particular picture which made me literally roll on the floor and cluch my stomach in pain. The picture was of 4 year old twins trying to take of the diaper of a 2 year old Damon and a 7 year old Michael standing at the side, scolding them. The whole floor was covered in Nutella as well as the boys. But Damon looked the worst. His entire hair and face were covered in the nougat chocolate, with tears running down his cheeks. Under the picture stood a handwritten caption "The boy's first Nutella". I felt sorry for baby Damon, but the picture was so incredible that I couldn't help myself, but snap a picture of it with my phone.

I stayed there and looked through all the albums for what felt like ages. When I was finally finished with the last album, I checked the clock. It was close to dinner time and I wondered if any of my step-brothers had gotten home yet. Usually, Damon would stay out until Mika had threatened him to come home and the twins would either stay at their college and try to get some work done, or fool around at a karaoke bar or something. And Mika.... Well I never really knew what he did in his free time and I never really bothered asking him. But today was Saturday which ment family bonding time. Ever since I was adopted into the Hale family, the brothers came up with the family bonding nights so that we could get to know each other better. And by the brothers, I meant mostly Mika. The others weren't really interested, but they didn't oppose either.

We usually hang out in the cinema room after dinner and watched movies all night long while eating a buttload of snacks. After a while, we would all just fall asleep on top of one another and not wake up until the middle of the day. We originally held those nights on Fridays, but after Mika started working full time at the fire department and the twins started college, there wasn't really anytime left. So we settled for every Saturday instead. It was an unspoken rule that everyone would keep their evening free on every Saturday without exceptions. And that we'd never have anyone other than the 5 of us over.

After I set all the albums back where I had taken them from, I headed downstairs. There wasn't anyone in the game room or the kitchen so I decided to check the rooms. Since the twins rooms were closest to the stairs, I decided to check them first. That was probably one of the biggest mistakes I had ever done in my life....