Chapter 10

I spent the rest of the evening in the forest. Away from everyone else. I still couldn't bring myself to go back to that house. Their expressions were haunting me every time I closed my eyes or blinked. The hatred. Oh boy, was it big. There wasn't any pity. Just the plain old resentment and disgust.

Resentment and disgust towards them! How dare they act like they had actually figured out the password to the note!!! How dare he?! I knew that if I went back to that house I might actually try and strangle Damon. I nearly had a panic attack because of him. I took my phone out of my pocket and decided to change all my passwords to Japanese words in case they tried to pull shit like that again. I didn't know much of the language, but I knew quite a few words that they wouldn't figure out. I mean, come on. I doubt they'd even figure out what language it is, let alone figure out the words.

I decided to walk around the forest for bit longer before heading back. I wasn't afraid of getting lost because I had downloaded a map of the place and dropped a pin where the house was. As long as I had service, I would be able to go back. And if I didn't, well let's just say that I'm not keen on camping out without a tent and a sleeping bag... Who knows what kind of animals lured around the forest and waited to jump and eat me. Though I doubted I'd taste good. I barely had enough fat on my body to keep me alive. Making a tasty snack was way out of the question.

I checked my phone again after about a half an hour. I had at least 5 missed calls from mom and dad, and 23 from the guys. I decided to just send a text to my parents stating that I was in the forest and I'd be back in about 40 minutes. It was already dark so I had to use the flashlight on my phone which was about to run out of battery so I decided that it'd be the perfect time to head back anyways. I just hoped it'd survive the walk, because I desperately needed the light and map. I looked towards the sky. It was covered in stars. The only light lighting the forest, other than my phone, came from the red moon. It was truly a breathtaking sight.

I turned the flashlight on my phone off and decided to take a 5 minute break to watch the sky before heading back. It was kinda disappointing that the phone camera wouldn't be able to capture the sight perfectly. I leaned against one of the thicker trees, not taking my eyes off the moon. It was my first time seeing a red moon. Orange, sure. But not this colour. The red reminded me of blood. It seemed as if someone had poured a bucket of blood over it. Thus changing it's colour. It was sad, scary and beautiful at the same time. I loved it.

My phone started vibrating after awhile. It was a message from Damon. The message was short so it showed on the lock screen. "I'm sorry". I decided to hurry up and head back. I knew the guys wouldn't be all that worried, but I didn't want to worry mom and dad more than I already had. Mom and dad... I never really had anyone to call that before. And I still don't. They might have adopted me, but we weren't connected by blood. Blood is thicker than water. I never really payed much attention to it before. To be honest, I didn't really even care. I was just happy that they accepted me. That they wanted me to be a part of their family. That they treated me as an equal. But I was wrong. Seeing how close they were during our short stay here made me realise that I'll never truly be a part of this family. I wonder.... How would it have been like if they were my real family? Would they have treated me the same? Would I still have feelings for the guys? Would I continue being the outcast little brother of the 4 greek gods? I doubt it'd be much different than it already is. If anything, we'd be closer. I really wanted that. To be closer to them.

I didn't realise I had arrived back at the house before I was already opening the door. The lights were turned off and the place was quiet. I checked the clock and it read 22:59. It wasn't that late. The guys would usually be sitting on the couch, watching a movie or something at this time. But they weren't and it made me kinda worried. I checked the whole first floor. No one was there. I decided to just head back upstairs and just go to bed since I didn't have anything else to do.

As I walked towards the stairs, I heard several voices coming from one of the rooms. I had forgotten that Satan and one of the Devil's Spawns shared a room on the first floor, close to the stairs. I walked quietly towards the door to hear what they were talking about. If they could eavesdrop than why couldn't I as well?

Maybe because they'd open the door and I'd come crashing down and make a total fool of myself.......