Chapter 15

I was halfway into the 3rd episode of season 2 of Scream when Mika and Damon came to the cinema. They sat down on each of my side and patiently waited until I paused the episode, before starting to talk. 

"Why did you tell Chase to remember to use a condom" Started Mika. I looked at both of them, contemplating on wether to tell them the truth or not. I decided against it. 

"I was just joking around. Nothing special. Why?" Damon looked at Mika, as if he were searching for an answer in his eyes, but didn't find one. 

"The twins looked as if they were struck by lightning when you said that. Chase looked as if he was about to cry so they stayed." Was Nicky not important? Was it really just to get my attention? I stopped disconnected my phone from the projector and stood up from the sofa.

"Are they in their rooms?" I asked. Damon looked as if he wanted to say something, but Mika interrupted.

" They're in Rick's" With that I left the eldest and 3rd youngest in the cinema room and headed towards the middle brothers' rooms. I didn't bother knocking and just entered. Chase was curled up in his older brother's lap, crying. He looked so small like that. 

"Is it because of me?" I asked. In that moment, Rick looked at me with the coldest glare he could muster. His eyes were filled with hatred. As if I were the dirtiest thing in the world. I took that as my answer and left without a second glance at the younger twin. On my way back to the cinema, I heard Mika and Damon talking. I had forgotten to close the door.

"He's really naive. Why did you have to convince dad on adopting him?" 

"You don't think that I might regret it? He had nearly just died and his foster family just dumped him there, at the hospital with his things. How was I supposed to know that it would turn into such a bother?" 

I went back to my room. I locked the door and tucked myself under the covers. Blasting Bring Me Back The Horizon through my headphones.