Chapter 9

We walked in the forest until dad called us to get back. Mom had forgotten to get some stuff so they wanted us to go to the store which was about a 15 minutes drive from the cabin. Michael insisted on going alone with the twins, probably to scold them, so I was left alone with Damon while our parents set the barbecue up.

We were currently sitting in the living room opposite of each other. He was waiting for me to start explaining.

"How did you get the scars." He said in a dominant tone. Which didn't help with my natural submissive nature.

"Foster homes and the orphanage."

"Was it kids or adults?"

"Both."

"What are you not telling me?" All the answers came naturally. That is, until he asked the final question
.... There weren't many things left that I hid from him, but if I were to tell him them, he would definitely be disgusted by me.
No. I didn't even want to think about it. If they were to hate me, it'd be the end of me. It would destroy me. I wouldn't be able to take it. They were everything I had. Mom, dad, Damon, the twins, Michael. They were my life...
I took a deep breath and forced myself to look into his eyes without blinking.

"Nothing. That's it. That's all there is." I said without hitch in my voice. I forced myself to believe that it was the truth. I imagined it being the only truth. That made the lie much more believable.

Damon was about to say something, when the twins barged through the front door with bags. Dozens of bags... Michael was walking calmly behind them and didn't even pay attention as they collapsed on the floor. But of course,  he wasn't carrying anything other than the keys to the car.

"What're you guys talking about?" He asked as he flopped down on the sofa I was sitting on.

"Sex."

"Video games." I looked at Damon in disbelief. Did he seriously just say that we were talking about sex?

"You still a virgin?" Now it was Michael's turn.

"Why is sex the only thing in your heads?" I asked frustrated. I know that they haven't done it a long time, but seriously? And the fact that I'm quite sexually frustrated and ready to jump their bones isn't helping.

"Who's talking about sex?" Said Chase as he suddenly regained his energy by the mention of his favorite activity and flopped down besides Damon and dropped his arm over his shoulders. Rick wasn't far behind.

"Michael asked Tommy if he was a virgin which is a stupid question, because he obviously is." Said Damon as he pushed Chase's hand away. Rick had moved behind me and Mason.

"And how are you so sure?" I asked Damon as I crossed my arms. I was seriously getting irritated by their questions and bickering.

"You've been avoiding the twins for weeks. And if I were to guess, it's because you had a wet dream about them." Said Damon as he casually played with his phone. 'Fuck! How the hell did he think of that?! More like. How the fuck did he know!?' My mind was going into overdrive once again. I decided to start playing/chatting on my phone to avoid the awkwardness, but that's when I realized. My phone was no longer in my pocket. My eyes immediately shot towards Damon. Sure enough. The phone he was playing with, it was mine. I immediately shot towards him to snatch it, but he handed it over to Chase and grabbed me into a tight hold.

"You have no right going through my phone!"

"I told you you'd be telling me everything. And for the record, that password was way too easy." He said. I watched hopelessly as Chase went through all the logs I had made. Of course, Rick and Michael were right beside him. Seeing everything written on the small screen. There aren't enough words in the dictionary to explain how much I wanted to craw underground and live like a hobbit for the rest of my life at the moment. My entire life, all my secrets, all my crushes, the dream I had about the twins, everything was there. Well. Not everything. I though something like that might happen, so I moved all the stuff from my life and the self-harm stuff to another note with a stronger password that they would never, in a million years, guess. But everything else, my crush on Michael from the beginning, the dream about the twins, my developing crush for Damon. They were there. You probably wonder why I hadn't placed them into the other note. The answer is simple. I forgot.

I heard the lock sound coming through my phone. My face probably equaled the brand new, white sheets mom bought a few days ago. I couldn't force my eyes to look up. Damon's hands were firmly wrapped around my waist and chest so I couldn't move even if I wanted to. After what felt like hours of contemplation, I finally brought myself to look up. What I saw was the final cord.