Chapter 16

It's been a week since I last spoke with any of the brothers. It was obvious that they were wondering why I have been in a bad mood or refusing to leave my room. School started a while ago, that's the only time I ever really go outside. As soon as I get back, I grab some food and a water bottle from the kitchen and go back upstairs. Mom and dad are always at work so they haven't noticed that there's been a change. Michael is usually busy at the fire department and spends the nights there. The twins have been busy studying for exams as has Damon. 

Me? I just try to keep my grades up. My stomach usually hurts a lot after eating even a small amount so I just survive on an apple a day. I can't really sleep at night due to the night terrors that have haunted me since I was 5 so I can't really say that I'm functioning like a normal human. Although the ability to care flew away with the sleep and appetite.

I always come late for class, force myself to pay attention when the teacher speaks, copy the homework from the friends that usually copied mine. It's a war, and I'm on the losing side. Honestly, I don't really even care if I die anymore. A car could be headed right at me, and I would welcome it with open arms. 

I was currently lying in bed as per usual, reading one of the books on my haven't-read-yet shelf. It was overflowing so I decided to do the smart and productive thing and read. That and I wasn't in the mood for netflix or viaplay or anything like that. It was saturday, meaning it was our annual family bonding night. I could hear the brothers walking up and down the stairs. They haven't tried to talk with me since that night. And I haven't given them the chance to try. I had memorised all their schedules to avoid run-ins. 

The book I was currently reading was a Thousand Pieces of You by Caludia Gray. It was the first one in the Firebird trilogy. It was good while it lasted, I was on the last 5 pages and I wasn't smart enough to buy the other two. Meaning it was on my shopping list. 

I had just closed the book as there was a knock on the door. Originally I though it might've been Michael, but according to the clock, he wouldn't be home for at least another 3 hours. I stood up and opened the door as there came a second knock. On the other side stood a nicely dressed dad and mom. Dad was wearing a black suit with a white dress shirt and silky, blue tie. His hair was gelled backwards making him look younger than he was. It was evident that mom had used some of her make-up skills on his dark circles, because they were almost invisible. Mom didn't look much different either. Velvet blue high hills that matched her dress and dad's tie, her usual messy bun replaced by long curls that reached her waist. She had a light pink lipstick on and golden eyeshadow. Neither of them looked as tired as they probably felt. 

"You're mother and I are going to one of those charity parties at the hospital. Will you be alright here on your own?" Asked dad. I was slightly confused when he said 'on your own' because I was certain I heard the others just 10 minutes ago, but I didn't question it. 

"Yes. Don't worry about me and go have some fun. You deserve it." I said as I gave them each a hug. As they were leaving, I told mom that she looked stunning and that dad should be careful that she doesn't get stolen. They both laughed and left with dad's Audi. 

Saturday night. The one night you could expect all brothers to be home together for dinner. Or at least it was. Now I was the only one in the mansion-like house. Everyone was out doing whatever it is they want to do. The twins were probably with their lover and knowing Damon, he was probably sharing punches with some unknown guy in a fighting rink. Michael is supposed to be at work, but I wouldn't be surprised if he never comes home. The time for traditions was over. I destroyed it.