Chapter 6

Usually, when something good happens to me, something bad happens as well. Sometimes it's as equally as bad as the good thing, but it's mostly worse. This has caused me to be afraid of being happy. So I guess you can imagine just how scared and happy I was at the same time when my parents announced that we were going on a vacation for spring break. I had always wanted to go somewhere with a family, but now that it was finally coming true, I couldn't help, but be terrified. The brothers noticed that I wasn't really feeling up for it while we were packing and Mika wouldn't stop telling me that if I wasn't feeling good, he could stay at home with me. But I didn't want to take this trip away from him because of my insecurities so I just plastered on a fake smile and said: "I'm fine. Just nervous is all." Which wasn't exactly a lie.

We were traveling in 3 cars because of all the luggage. We didn't really need that much stuff, but mom wouldn't stop fussing and saying better safe than sorry. The extra car was only causing me to worry even more. What if one of the cars crashed? What if someone fell asleep on the stirring wheel? The what ifs were devouring my mind.

"Stop overthinking." Said Chase. I was in the second car with all the brothers. Romeo was driving and Satan was sitting shotgun which left me being squeezed between the twins which wasn't really good for my health due to the dream which I had not so long ago.

"I'm not. I'm just daydreaming." I said. Lying had become my second nature during these past few days. The truth which I had told during the past week were so few, that I could count them with the fingers on my hands.

"Mhm. And that's precisely why your eyebrows are furrowed together." Said Rick as he started poking the crease which had formed between my eyes.

"I was a lawyer and I was having a pretty big debate in a courtroom. I was trying to think of ways to outsmart my opponent." I said as I looked towards Satan. Hoping that he would help me out without knowing it like he had done on several occasions.

"Why are you starring at Damon like you're about to burn a hole in his head?" Asked Romeo from the front. Geez! This was getting worse by the second! What would I do for someone to save me from this awkwardness....

"We're here!" Suddenly chimed Satan in. I looked up from where I had been starring previously and looked through the front window. There was a big wooden house on the end of the muddy path we were on. It was surrounded by grass and there were many trees not too far from it. Beyond the house laid the sea with a dock in front. The view was so breathtaking that I forgot all about my previous worries for a moment.

Romeo parked the car right next to mom's. Dad was right behind us with the 3rd car.

"So what do you kids think?" Said mom as we excited the car.

"Seems nice." Said Satan as he stretched. His bones cracking from being stuck in the same position for several hours.

"What are the sleeping arrangements?" Asked Romeo as he walked towards mom along with dad.

"Right! The sleeping arrangements! Guys line up!" Said mom as she stood in front of us. This always happened when she was giving instructions about something. Or lecturing us. We quickly lined up from youngest to eldest. It wasn't smart to keep her waiting. The twins made that mistake once. They were stuck doing all the house work for half a year and being slaves to mom and dad. It was kinda hilarious though. Especially when mom was in a Hawaiian mood. She made the twins redecorate the entire balcony at home to look like Hawaii and made them massage her and dad's feet as they drank coconuts. I chuckled slightly at the memory.

"Ok listen up guys! Since you'll be sharing these rooms for an entire week, I've given these sleeping arrangements a lot of thought. Chase. You and Damon will be sharing the room on the first floor. Rick. You'll be sleeping alone in the single room on the top floor. Thomas and Michael. You two will sadly have to top and tail since there aren't enough beds. Any questions?" We all shook our heads.
"Then you may proceed to unload the cars." She finished as she clapped her hands. Dad once said that mom had been in the army and that she loved it there. Apparently it never really left her.

The though of top and tailing with the guy with whom I had been in love with for the past 2 years was already causing a freaking jungle in my stomach. It also made me really worried. I mean what if I accidentally get a boner from being so close to him? Or what if I accidentally kick him?! At one of my previous foster homes, I had accidentally kicked my step-brother in the groin while we were sleeping and it caused a huge commotion. Needless to say that they sent me back to the orphanage as soon as it opened. What if that happened again? I was already having wet dreams about some of my step-brothers. What if mom and dad found out? What if this is the bad thing that will follow in suit with the good thing? What if they sent me back to the orphanage? What if that is the whole purpose with this trip? To tell me that they're sending me back to the orphanage?

While I was stuck in my own little world of anxiety, we had unloaded the truck and were busy with unpacking our luggage while mom and dad made dinner. I had to admit that our room had the best view. We could see the sea perfectly. The sun was setting so the sea was colored with a purple and pink dye. Someone once told me that when the sky is really red when the sun was setting, there will be a lot of wind the next day. But I couldn't remember who. Probably some kid from the orphanage. I didn't even know if it was true.

I was leaning on the windowsill and admiring the view when Romeo came and leaned on the opposite side of me.

"You know, when the sky is really red during sunset, it usually means there will be a lot of wind the next day." He said as he looked towards the red sky. The red color reminded me of the cuts which I had made during the years at the orphanage. Which made me wonder. How would I hide them from the family if we were to go swimming? This wouldn't be easy.

We finished unpacking the last bit. Since I wasn't hungry, I went straight to bed without eating dinner.