Chapter 8

After the accident at the sea, Michael and Damon joined me for a walk in the forest which wasn't as far as I had thought. We didn't talk at all until we reached a forked way.

"Which way should we go?" Asked Damon. I just shrugged my shoulders and looked back down at my phone. I kept a diary in notes since it wasn't particularly safe to keep a notebook. Luckily the new iOS update included password protection for notes so I wouldn't be stressing over them being seen. The only problem was that they didn't lock automatically....

I had started writing in the diary since I got the phone. Which would mean for about a year or so. I had Michael's old Samsung before he decided that I needed a brand new phone for myself. I didn't really mind keeping his though. Even now I still kept it in the drawer of my nightstand and brought it along with me on every family trip we went on. Which were surprisingly a lot.

"What are you typing so furiously?" Asked Michael. I looked away  from my phone once again, to notice that we had started walking and had taken the path on the right. Which was quite stupid because people tend to go right when they get lost which results in them getting more lost. But fuck logic, right?

"Texting a friend." I said. It wasn't exactly a lie since I was actually texting a friend from school  and making a diary entry at the same time.  Besides, there was no way I would tell him that I was writing all the stuff from my past, my feelings, everything that made me happy and shit like that, and keeping them in a diary. That was just a huge no from my side. The last thing I needed was them trying to crack the code, which was way too easy, and have all my secrets revealed. I'd be way beyond screwed if that were to happen.

Michael and Damon were walking in front of me while I was behind them by a good 3 meters or so. Maybe less. Damon slowed his pace a bit and started walking beside me.

He leaned close to my ear in case Michael would overhear and whispered something that would have made me bolt towards mom and dad if we weren't in the middle of a forest and I had no idea which way to go because I hadn't been paying attention.

"You're going to tell me everything as soon as we get back. Including what's in that little diary of yours."