🍭 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 🍭

a little filler chapter 🫶🏽

Jailen

"Privacy, Jonah. Thank you," He said, accent thick with an emotion I couldn't decipher. He never took his eyes off of me as he leaned his elbow on the window.

The small black screen rose and separated us from the driver. I sunk further into the plush leather seats and chewed nervously on the inside of my cheek. The radio had been playing but now I couldn't hear anything. Nothing other than the subtle hum of the engine and my heartbeat in my ears as I avoided his gaze.

I turned and looked out the window, my fingers drumming against my thigh. He shifted and I flinched, pressing myself further into the door.

He chuckled, "You should relax. I'm not gonna hurt you."

The subtle flick of a lighter caught my attention and I glanced over at him. The cigarette dangled between his lips and he covered the flame as he brought it up to light the end. But he paused, sensing my eyes on him and tilting his head, "You alright with me smoking, sweetie?"

I shrugged, "I don't mind."

He nodded and lit the end, inhaling the menthol before letting down the window just a crack and blowing it out, "Good girl."

My eyes widened at his words. Had I heard him correctly? His voice was so low that I couldn't have possibly heard him correctly. Still, my legs squeezed together and I frowned. Enough.

"Do you smoke?" He asked.

"No," I said quickly, mesmerized by the way his lips wrapped around the end of the cigarette.

He cut his eyes over to me, "You sure?"

"I don't smoke cigarettes," I cleared my throat and he nodded slowly, twisting his lips to the side to blow the smoke towards the window.

"What do you do?" He reached up and loosened his tie with a grunt. He unbuttoned three buttons of his shirt just like they were earlier and that same banana charm became visible as he relaxed into the seat.

My mouth watered at the sight and I fought hard to keep my eyes on his face. He looked at me, an eyebrow raised expectantly as he bought the cigarette up to his mouth again, "I asked you a question, Jailen."

"Oh," I swallowed, my throat dry, "Right, I-... I don't know what you mean."

"No?" I shook my head sheepishly. He licked his lips, "Hobbies, sweetie. Tell me what makes you happy."

Sweetie. My skin buzzed as I pressed myself further against the door, trying to keep as much distance between us as possible. I felt small next to him, suffocated. It made my chest burn.

"What makes me happy? Um," I thought, tearing my eyes away from him and looking at my lap. At the moment? Nothing was making me happy. I couldn't tell that to him though, he'd think I was crazy. Why did it matter if he did think I was crazy? I hummed and shrugged.

"We're gonna have to change that, yeah?" He said, leaning forward and dropping the cigarette in the ashtray.

"What?" I didn't even have the chance to process my thoughts because his hand was on my leg. His fingers curved around and gripped the inside of my thigh. With one quick tug, my body shifted across the seats so that I was closer to him.

I gasped, panic filling me as he leaned against me, yet I made no move to try and push him away. Instead, I leaned into his touch, relaxed against his body, and spread my thighs just a little wider.

His cologne embraced me. It was strong, it smelled like something that wasn't in my price range. It didn't smell like anything I'd brought for my male friends. Intoxicating, almost, as he pressed his chest against my arm, his breath fanning my ear.

"I want you to wear something pretty tonight," He slipped his hand higher and tugged on the waistband of my leggings until it snapped back against my stomach. I whimpered quietly and turned my head to look at him, my lips missing his by an inch, barely.

He hummed, a smirk tugging at his lips, "Fuck," he mumbled under his breath.

"What?" I asked, breathlessly.

His hand snaked underneath my shirt and his fingers circled my belly button piercing, "It's taking everything in me not to fuck you right here in this backseat."

I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled away slightly, a little taken aback by his bluntness. I inhaled a shaky breath as my lower stomach clenched before reaching up and pulling his hand from underneath my shirt.

He retracted, his hand falling to my lap again and giving my thigh a gentle squeeze. I nearly jumped out of my skin when my door opened. Jonah tilted his head at me and offered me his hand, the one that wasn't holding the two bags of groceries. I hadn't even realized the car had stopped. My heart pounded in my chest as I breathed heavily through my nose.

"Thank you for the groceries," I whispered, finding it hard to talk.

"I'll see you tonight," He said, leaving no room for arguments.

To my surprise, I found myself nodding slowly. I grabbed my purse and slid out of the car, only to be stopped when he didn't take his hand off of my thigh. I looked back at him and his grip tightened.

"Use your words when you're speaking to me, sweetie," He licked his lips, tilting his head slightly.

"Okay," I said, "Yeah, tonight."

With one last lingering look, he took his hand off my thigh and I scrambled to get out of the car. I grabbed my bags from Jonah, giving him a smile before I mumbled a small goodbye. I felt like I was floating as my feet carried me to the front door of my building. The main door's lock had been broken since I moved in and for once, I was thankful to be able to just walk in.

I could feel him watching me as I did so. I didn't bother looking back as I slammed it shut and rushed upstairs