🍭 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖 🍭

Jailen

Jailen

We were running late.

Harry didn't seem to mind as he slowly walked around the room, gathering the things he needed for the night. We were supposed to leave thirty minutes ago and he still wasn't fully dressed.

I fidgeted with my ponytail for the third time as I stared at my reflection. I was nervous. I felt nauseous. And we were late. I hated being late. And considering what Anne had said earlier about Harry's father, I was seconds away from fainting.

Harry walked into the bathroom again and stood behind me. He smiled but before he could talk, I spoke.

"Is there protocol tonight?" I asked quietly.

"Protocol for what, sweetie?" He asked and shrugged on his jacket over his tank top.

"Uh," I rolled my lips to spread my lipgloss, "for the arrangement?"

He paused and I inhaled a shaky breath. Why was I so nervous?

"No kissing, cuddling, shit like that," he tore his eyes away from mine in the mirror and fixed his cufflinks, "Be pretty, sweetie. That isn't too hard for you, obviously. No talking about... this. Whatever you read in the contract."

I nodded and ignored the feeling settling in my stomach. The bathroom fell quiet and I could feel Harry's gaze lingering on me. I grabbed my phone off of the counter and walked out of the bathroom. It took him a few seconds to follow, but when he did, so did the tension.

"Ready?" I asked, avoiding eye contact with him as I pulled my travel size perfume from my purse and sprayed myself.

He didn't seem too excited about going to this event, not like he did earlier when he was around his mom. Granted she didn't give him the opportunity to say much, it was just weird now. His energy felt off.

He put something in his jacket pocket and nodded, walking right by me and out of the room. I frowned as I watched him disappear out into the hallway but decided not to take it personal as I followed after him. He was downstairs before I even got out of the room and by the time I made it to the top of the stairs, he was walking out of the front door.

I bought, well Harry bought, a pair of heels to match the dress and at the shop, they felt great. I fell in love with them immediately. But now that they were echoing against the floors of Harry's house, I hated them. They hurt.

I closed the door behind me and walked down the stone stairs. There was a different car out front. I couldn't name the brand even if I tried to, but the doors opened backwards and that was enough to make me realize I'd never be able to afford this shit; even with Harry paying for anything.

"Miss. Saldana," Jonah nodded to me as I approached the car.

"Hi, Jonah," I smiled, "How are you today?"