🍭 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣 🍭

Jailen

"You'll feel a little cramping, maybe even a little spotting, but that's normal after getting your IUD removed," The doctor told me as I put my jacket back on, "There's nothing to be worried about but if you feel lightheaded or experience any severe symptoms, seek care at your nearest emergency room."

I nodded, afraid that if I spoke, I'd vomit.

"You're free to go. Stop by the front desk and she'll tell you when your next appointment will be."

The doctor left the room and I followed her, keeping my head down as I entered the waiting room. I took a deep breath, feeling my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I knew who it was, he'd been calling every day for the past week, multiple times a day. And every time, I hit decline. I had nothing to say to him. I had nothing to say to anyone. I did speak to Jason and Zayn stopped by twice this week, but they were both kind enough to respect the fact that I didn't want to talk.

Harry obviously didn't care about what I wanted. He couldn't take a fucking hint.

I told the receptionist my name and she handed me my paperwork just as my phone began to vibrate again. I ignored it, trying my best to remember what she was telling me.

"Thank you," I mumbled and gave her a small smile. But, my smile was quickly wiped off of my face when I turned around to see Harry standing behind me.

WIth his phone still in his hand and my contact photo still on his screen, he sighed, "Why haven't you been answering your phone?"

"Wh-..." I shrugged, "Why are you here?"

"Because you aren't answering your goddamn phone, Jailen!" He raised his voice, catching the attention of the other people in the waiting room and I frowned.

"I'm not doing this." I mumbled, brushing past him and purposely bumping his shoulder.

He was hot on my trail, following closely behind as I pushed open the glass doors of the clinic and started down the sidewalk. I could feel the tears burning at the back of my eyes. I didn't expect to see him again but I should've known better than that.

"Jailen," He called after me and I sped up. "Jailen, would you fucking stop!?"

At this point, I was fully prepared to run. But he grabbed my arm before I could and pulled me back against his body. I fought against him immediately, my vision blurry with tears as he turned me around to face him.

"Leave me alone, Harry! I have nothing to say to you!"

"So, let me talk!" He argued, his hands resting firmly on my arms to keep me in place, "You don't have to say anything. Just let me... let me explain, baby, please."

"There's nothing to explain," I tried to shrug his hands off of me but this just made him tighten his grip.

"I love you."

"No," I shook my head, "No, you don't."

"I do, Jai. I never wanted to hurt you, I swear," Harry pleaded, his hands moving from my arms to cup my face.

"So, why'd you do it?" I asked, pathetically caving and leaning into his touch. His thumbs brushed over my tears and he frowned.

"I didn't mean it, sweetie," Harry said and again, I shook my head, pushing away from him and turning around to walk away. He grabbed me again and this time, I didn't fight him. I should've. "Get in the car."

I stood, chills littering my body despite it being almost 60 degrees outside as I stared at the man who has caused me the most heartbreak these past couple of weeks. He took a step back and nodded his head toward the familiar sports car parked in front of the clinic.