🍭 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕨𝕠 🍭

little lengthy chapter ahead.
it's also 3 in the morning and i just got home from work so it's not that proofread but at last, we have an update 💃🏽
fair warning, this chapter is a little, teeny, tiny bit sad. like just a little bit 🤏🏽 and with that being said, enjoy!

Jailen

Harry was asleep.

He had been for about two hours now. After everything in his office, we somehow made our way to the bedroom and even though I fully expected him to want to have sex, we didn't. We laid in the middle of the bed and held each other until he fell asleep.

But I couldn't sleep and I couldn't sit here and stare at the walls any longer. I'd been in my head for way too long and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't starting to get to me.

I slowly slid out of Harry's arms and stood from the bed, my eyes lingering on him before I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me.

The house was quiet. Jonah hadn't been here much lately. Harry had given him more vacation days this week so we'd have the house to ourselves. It was nice until it wasn't.

When I walked into the office, I made my way over to the fireplace first to put it out. It took me about five minutes to figure it out and when I did, the lingering smell of smoke filled my nose. I looked around the room at the hundreds of papers spewing across the floor. Mainly everything that was once on his desk, was now on the floor. So, to distract myself from overthinking, I began cleaning up.

I kneeled down and shuffled them all into a pile. Most of the pages, from what I saw, were from the contract. My name and signature were written on them, along with Harry's name and signature. I stacked them up and sat them to the side before moving on to the rest of the papers.

This time, I froze.

I, Mary Saldana, agree to the terms and conditions of this contract.

What?

I grabbed the piece of paper off of the floor, only to discover that that sheet was not the only one with her name on it. There were a few, actually. Maybe about three or four...maybe five... They were numbered at the bottom. I grabbed them all and stood to my feet. My face was starting to heat up and my heart was starting to race as I walked out of the office and made my way back toward the room. I needed answers.

Why would he have these? Where did they come from? How did he even- when would he have even talked to her to get her damn signature? I paused when I entered the room. Harry was still asleep, in the same position he was in when I left a few minutes ago. I looked down at the papers in my hand and put them in order, trying my best not to accidentally read anything that was on them. At least not until I asked Harry about it.

My hands were shaking as endless possibilities raced through my head. I just needed a peak... just a confirmation... I glanced at the top of the first sheet, looking for any similarities that matched the contract I'd signed.

There weren't any.

I let out the biggest sigh of relief, my chest tightening at the thought of this meaning something far worse. I took a step toward the bed but my heart nearly fell out of my chest when the sound of a phone ringing screeched through the air. I closed my eyes and brought the papers up to my chest as Harry shifted a little.

I don't know why I was scared. Maybe because I knew if he woke up, I'd have to face him immediately with some shit I wasn't even ready to face. But when I opened my eyes, he was still asleep and his phone was still ringing.