🍭 𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 🍭

*lots of alcohol consumption,
drunken actions
and this chapter is pretty long compared to the others

Jailen

"I have to go to the bathroom," I cleared my throat, my legs shaking as I stood to my feet.

Anne opened her mouth to stop me from leaving as she stared at me with sympathetic eyes. I hated it. I walked as quickly as I could to the exit, struggling slightly with the heavy door. I couldn't stay there. I couldn't sit there and be watched by the eyes of the men who undoubtedly wanted to ask the same questions as Harry's father.

My legs burned from how quickly I walked. I didn't want to go to the bathroom, I didn't have to pee and I didn't want to run into yet another group of people who couldn't keep their fucking lips shut. Everyone here seemed to have an opinion, an assumption about me and I could tell, even if they didn't verbally say it.

I shouldn't be here.

I wandered around the plaza aimlessly, just trying to get my head on straight. I slowed to catch my breath before I stopped completely and leaned against the nearest wall. I had no idea where I was but I was sure I could figure it out if I needed to. Harry would probably have a hard time finding me but he would eventually. I hope.

I pulled my phone out of my purse and unlocked it, my eyes widening at the messages my brother sent me. The pictures that were taken of Harry and me outside the plaza were already out. My stomach clenched at the picture of Harry kissing the back of my shoulder.

I didn't bother clicking the link to read the article as I scrolled through my brother's messages. I chuckled at the one of him scolding me for the dress I had on and shook my head before I locked my phone again and put it back into my purse.

I let my hands drop to my sides and I sighed, twisting my lips as I looked down the hallway. This plaza was fucking stupid, why did all of the hallways look the same?

The music could be heard throughout the entire building and I was sure it wouldn't take long for me to find the ballroom. I was gonna wait there for Harry. Hopefully, he wouldn't take too long with whatever the hell he was talking about with his father and we could go.

I turned the corner and my body crashed into another. I squealed as I stumbled and fell back on my ass. I landed on my wrist and hissed, glaring up at the person who I had bumped into.

He was quick to apologize, his accent filling my ears as he kneeled in front of me, "Jesus fucking christ, are you alright, love?"

Pain shot through my arm and I cradled it against my chest, "Do you not pay attention to where you're going?"

"You weren't paying attention, either," He replied with a chuckle before he reached out and grabbed my arm.

"Ouch," I frowned as he examined it and I took the opportunity to finally get a good look at him. He was handsome, breathtakingly handsome. Long lashes framed his hazel eyes and his full lips were parted in concentration. His hair flopped over his forehead but he didn't mind as he twisted and poked at my wrist.

He lifted his head, his nose ring glistening slightly under the lighting of the hallway, "You might've sprained it."

"You might've sprained it," I said with narrowed eyes as I pulled my arm back into my chest, wincing slightly, "You bumped into me."

He chuckled again, "Fine, I'm sorry, love. Allow me to make it up to you. Do you drink? The bar is free."

"I'm waiting on someone," I said.