🍭 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖 🍭

really short chapter, this might turn into a double update

Jailen

"Why..." I furrowed my eyebrows as I stared at him from the doorway, "Why are you here? How are you here?"

"Come inside and close the door, Jailen," He said, standing up from the couch.

"No."

"No?" He raised an eyebrow and I swallowed harshly, intimidated by how angry he seemed.

"No," I said, "This is a crime. You're literally breaking and entering."

Harry rolled his eyes as he stopped in the middle of the floor, "Get your ass in here, Jailen. Now!"

His voice echoed off the walls of the hallway and I sighed, knowing my upstairs neighbor definitely heard him. I listened as she unlocked her door and I glared at Harry before I stepped into my apartment, "See what you fucking did!"

"Me? You're the one who wanted to stand in the fucking hallway, I told you to come inside." Harry said, raising his voice again.

I sat my bags down on the coffee table, not missing the way Harry's eyes lingered on the black bag from the jewelry store, "I wouldn't have stood in the hallway if you didn't scare the shit out of me. How did you even get in?"

I made my way to the kitchen and he followed, "You left your door unlocked!"

"That doesn't give you the right to come in!" I shrugged and furrowed my eyebrows, "I know you rich people are probably used to doing what you want, but that isn't something we regular people do."

"You rich people?" He chuckled, "You were just out with Zayn, you didn't seem to have a problem with us then."

I chuckled and shook my head. Now I see what this is about. I grabbed a water bottle out of my refrigerator and went to walk out of the kitchen, but he was blocking the doorway. I huffed, "Move."

"Is that why you weren't answering your phone?"

"What?"

"Don't act stupid, Jailen. Is that why you were ignoring my calls?" He asked angrily and I took a step back. I couldn't help but laugh. This only pissed him off more, "It's funny?"

"A little bit, yeah," I said, honestly as I opened my water bottle and raised it to my lips.

"Why is it so fucking funny, Jai. Please enlighten me," Harry demanded, his chest heaving.

I took my time, slowly drinking the water as I kept my eyes locked on his. The water bottle crinkled and he inhaled deeply, his patience slipping as the seconds passed.

"Ah," I said and sat the water bottle down on the counter, "It's funny because you're upset for no reason."

"No reason? Jailen, I told you to answer when I called!" He yelled, "I called you ten fucking times!"

"It was not ten times," I said and put my hands on my hips. Was it? He glared down at me and I avoided his eyes as I slipped past him and into the living room. I grabbed my purse and pulled my phone out. I tapped the screen and my eyes widened. Sure enough, there were ten missed calls from Harry. I hummed and locked my screen again, "I didn't get any calls from you."

This set him off. He stormed over to me and snatched my phone from my hands. Before I could blink, he threw my phone across the room. It hit the wall and fell to the floor, the loud impact making my ears ring.

My eyes widened as it shattered and I stared at the wall that had now been dented, "What the fuck is your problem!" I yelled, turning to face him as anger flooded my body.

He smirked, obviously satisfied with my reaction as he pulled a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and put one between his lips, "Why do you need a phone if you don't fucking answer it?"

"Fuck you, Harry!" I walked over to my phone and picked the pieces off of the floor. I frowned, the smell of cigarette smoke only making me angrier. I turned towards him and flung the broken pieces in his direction.

He dodged them expertly, a chuckle escaping his lips as he exhaled the smoke, "Grow up, Jailen."

"Get out of my apartment," I said, trying to keep my breathing calm, "Get the fuck out, Harry! I'm serious!"

"I'm not leaving," He shook his head as he took a seat on the couch. He leaned his head back against the cushions and exhaled the smoke into the air as he unbuttoned the top of his shirt to get more comfortable, "And you're not gonna make me, sweetie."

I folded my arms across my chest, in disbelief of the whole situation. I stared at Harry and he stared back at me, his chest still heaving angrily. Seconds went by, maybe even minutes of us just glaring at each other. I had nothing to say to him. What was I even supposed to say? He knew I was lying about not receiving any of his calls but there wasn't anything I could do about it now. And it's not like he could check and see because my fucking phone was broken.

I breathed out a chuckle and rubbed my hands over my face, grimacing when the cramping began again.

"What's wrong, Jai?" He murmured and I shook my head before I grabbed my bags off of the table and made my way to the kitchen.

I sat them in the sink and took the items out. I separated them between the refrigerator and the freezer and then threw the soaked bags in the garbage. When I turned around, Harry was standing in the doorway, watching me intently.

"What?" I asked, opening the cabinet and grabbing the bottle of aspirin.

"Is your wrist still bothering you?" He asked, his voice low compared to just a few minutes ago. I wasn't wearing the ace bandage anymore. I didn't need it. I still had a little pain in my wrist but it wasn't unbearable.

"No, my wrist feels fine now. Just some cramping." I mumbled and he moved to walk towards me. I grabbed my same water bottle off of the counter and shook my head, "It's just the IUD, I'll be fine."

He raised his hands in surrender and leaned his back against the counter, "So, you did go to the appointment?"

I took the pill quickly and nodded, "I couldn't not go. Jonah was already downstairs when you called and told me about it."

"You could've told me you wanted to reschedule."

"That would've inconvenienced Jonah, and unlike you, I'm mindful of other people's time," I said and he chuckled. I smiled as I turned away from him to look in the refrigerator. And just like that, I could feel the anger slowly slipping from me.

Another pointless argument just to be pushed aside and unresolved the moment he makes me smile. It happens every time and we let it. I mean, honestly, what can we do if it just happens? He doesn't seem to be pissed anymore and neither am I... at least I don't think I am. So, why would I revive a dead fire without having an extinguisher?

My stomach twisted and I don't know if it was because I was hungry or if I was coming to terms with something I wasn't ready to admit. I slammed the door shut and looked at him, "You're really not leaving?"

"Nope."

I nodded and rummaged through the cabinets again until I found what I was looking for. I sat the bottle of cheap red wine of the counter and grabbed a glass, "I'm gonna need this."