🍭 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 🍭

Jailen

It felt great to be home. For once, I was finally appreciating my shitty apartment more than I had this whole year. However, I wasn't alone. Harry was sitting on my couch. I could feel him staring at me as I walked around my apartment searching for something a little more comfortable to put on. I was beyond thankful that Zayn did what he did, but god was that shit uncomfortable. I was afraid to breathe too hard in this dress.

I glanced over at Harry and then back at my suitcase, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips, "You want something to drink?"

"Is it those hot ass water bottles sitting on your counter?" He asked and I could hear the smile in his voice.

I rolled my eyes, "No." Yes. I'd forgotten to put them up before I left so they'd just been sitting on my kitchen floor this week. I just put them on the counter when I got in today. I sat back on my knees and put my hands on my hips, "Do you want one or not?"

He shrugged, "Sure."

"Exactly," I mumbled as I stood up, "Thirsty ass boy-"

"What?"

I walked to the kitchen quickly and grabbed a water bottle out of the pack before making my way back to the living room. He was still staring at me as I approached him and handed him the water bottle. But he didn't open it immediately. Instead, he leaned back against the couch and tilted his head.

"Quit staring at me. It's creepy," I said and folded my arms across my body.

He smirked, "What's something you've always wanted?"

"What do you mean?" I turned away from him and grabbed my shirt out of my suitcase. I walked over to my bed and sat my clothes on top of it before pushing the straps of my dress off of my shoulders and letting it pool at my feet.

"Exactly that," He snorted.

I glared at him over my shoulder and shrugged, "I don't know."

"Think," He demanded, "It's gotta be something, yeah?"

I hummed as I pulled on a pair of jeans, "I don't know. I think I always got what I needed."

He cleared his throat, "No, Jailen. What's something you've always wanted? Not needed, but something you've always wanted, but for some reason, never got."

I grabbed my shirt and pulled it over my head before turning back to face him, "Like anything?"

Harry nodded, "Anything."

"Um," I frowned as I tried to think of something. It was hard. Growing up, my parents were always wealthy enough to get us anything we wanted but whenever I asked for something, my mom would make a big deal about how I needed to be better to get rewarded. So eventually, I just stopped asking. Christmas was always a surprise because I never made a list. The one year I did-

Wait. I gasped excitedly as I pointed at Harry. He grinned widely and sat up on the couch, his elbows resting on his knees as he nodded in encouragement, "Come on, baby. Today."

"An easy bake oven!"

His smile dropped and he smacked his lips, "Seriously?"

I put my hands on my hips, offended by his tone, "Yeah? What's wrong with that?"

"It's for children, ma chérie," He chuckled and I scoffed.

"You said anything," I mocked his accent and he narrowed his eyes at me, "How are you gonna ask and then shit on what I said?"