🍭 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 🍭

No song for this chapter cause ??? well i don't know. nothing seemed fitting. or maybe my playlist just sucks, either way-

Jailen

"Oh, Jailen!" Anne exclaimed, throwing her arms around me the moment I was close enough. Harry reluctantly let go of my hand as I hugged her back, genuinely smiling as she rocked us from side to side, "I'm so glad you decided to show!"

Harry scoffed from behind me, "You didn't really give her a choice, now did you?"

"I wasn't talking to you," She replied, pulling away from me. She looked at her son and frowned, "But you're late. He wants to talk to you."

"I had shit to do," Harry shrugged, "I'll talk to him later."

"Now, Harry," Anne shook her head and sighed, stepping aside and standing in front of Harry, "I don't want a scene tonight. Not like last year."

He rolled his eyes but to my surprise, he didn't argue any further, "Fuck, fine. Where is he?"

"Rooftop," Anne replied, "The usual."

Harry shook his head and held his hand out to me. I pursed my lips and grabbed his hand. He walked slowly away from the banister and I had no choice but to follow, Anne close behind. Once we got to the back of the building, he pushed open a door and stepped out into the exit that was supposed to be used for emergencies only. He looked back at me as he climbed the stairs and I couldn't do anything but stare back. My nerves were bad. I had no idea what I was walking into, they made me nervous. Anne didn't, but she was too quiet right now.

We reached the top and Harry opened another door. He stepped aside and held the door as I followed. I stayed close to him as his mother led the way this time. I looked over to the group of people lounging at the other end of the rooftop. One of the men stood as Anne approached and he smiled at her. He grabbed her hand and kissed it, and my heart fluttered.

Harry let the door slam, which caught the attention of the man who I assumed was his father. Harry tucked one hand in his pants pocket, the other grabbing mine as he pulled me towards the group of people. I breathed slowly, I couldn't afford to have another panic attack right now. Harry squeezed my hand as if he knew I was starting to freak out but when I looked up at him, his head was facing forward, eyes focused on his father.

"Harry!" His father bellowed, stepping aside Anne and approaching his son, "Glad to see you made it, even if you were late."

Harry hummed and gave his father a tight lipped smile. His father hugged him and Harry grunted as he hugged him back, but he didn't let go of my hand so I stumbled and unfortunately made myself known.

"Who's this?" His father asked, eyeing me as he pulled away from his son.

"Jailen," Harry said but his father shook his head.

"She has a mouth, she can speak for herself," He stepped away from Harry to stand in front of me and Harry's hand tightened around mine. I was about to turn my head to look at him but his father spoke again, "What's your name, darling?"

I cleared my throat and straightened my back, even though I wanted to do nothing more than hide behind Harry and let him talk for me, "Jailen."

"I'm Arthur," He held his hand out for me to shake, and considering I was holding my purse in my only free hand, I had to pull away from Harry. When I did, Harry stepped closer to me and I fought the urge to frown. Why was he acting like this?

I offered my hand to his father and smiled, "Nice to meet you, Arthur."

Arthur hummed and titled his head, the same way Harry did and the resemblance was uncanny, "Come have a seat, we were just getting started."