🍭 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 🍭

Jailen

A week.

That's how long it's been since I had a conversation with Harry or even seen him. That's how long it's been since my parents showed up at the estate. And that's how long it's been since I've been on birth control.

I was still experiencing some cramping from the IUD and the doctor said that was expected. But today they were horrible. Even now as I was waiting for the train, I felt as if I was seconds away from passing out. The bags I was carrying did nothing to soothe the heaviness I was feeling in my uterus.

I stood on the train, not wanting to sit down because once I did, I knew I wouldn't want to get up. The ride was short, I practically ran to my apartment when I got off the train. When I turned onto my block, I could see my apartment down at the end. I let out a sigh of relief. But that relief was short lived when a black car slowed to a stop beside me.

I kept my eyes ahead and clutched my bags tighter. I felt a chill run up my spine as I began to walk quicker. They honked their horn and I frowned, shaking my head as I practically started to run. I shifted my bags to one hand and reached into my purse, my fingers immediately wrapping around the small bottle of mace I carried. From the corner of my eye, I could see their window roll down. Is this how I was going to die? Finally getting groceries? I closed my eyes briefly and that's when I heard his voice.

"You should really pay more attention to your surroundings, pretty girl."

I stopped in front of my apartment building and turned to face the car. Zayn smiled at me, one hand on the steering wheel, the other hanging out the window. I tilted my head and even from behind his sunglasses, I could see him raise an eyebrow.

"I'm very aware of my surroundings," I said, taking my hand from my purse, "You were about to get maced."

He chuckled and pulled closer to the curb before he turned off the engine. I took a step back as he got out of the car. He pointed at the bags as he walked closer to me, "Grocery shopping?"

I nodded, craning my neck so that I could look up at him. I squinted due to the sun, "Yeah, I had nothing else to do." Then I realIzed something, "Why are you over here?"

Zayn licked his lips and I felt my stomach clench, "Just in the neighborhood."

I deadpanned and looked around, "You were just in the neighborhood?" He nodded, "This neighborhood?" He nodded again. I pursed my lips, "Why?"

He inhaled deeply and rubbed his hands together, "I had business to do."

"Business?" I squinted at him.

"Yep."

I hummed and shifted on my feet, suddenly feeling nervous under his gaze, "Well, my groceries are gonna get soggy, so I'm gonna-"

"You doing anything for the rest of the day?" He cut me off, a look on his face that said he already knew I wasn't doing anything else today. Grocery shopping itself was a chore.

"Maybe I am," I lied to see his reaction.

"You're not," Zayn shook his head and reached down. I flinched on instinct and he raised an eyebrow but he was just grabbing my bags.

I pursed my lips, "How do you know I'm not doing anything for the rest of the day?"

I watched as he made his way back towards his car with my bags in his hands. He opened the trunk and sat them inside before slamming it shut. He turned and looked at me, "Because I said so. Get in the car."

I put my hands on my hips. Don't do that Jailen. You didn't even try to stop him. I sighed.

Zayn walked around the car and opened the passenger door, "Do I gotta put you in here myself? I will."