🍭 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 🍭

little lengthy chapter ahead :) enjoy !!!

Jailen

Harry's family participated in a lot of charity.

I've never heard of a lot of these charity events they go to but they're obviously well known, this place is packed. Uncomfortably crowded.

Harry's arm was wrapped tightly around my waist as he guided us through the venue. This dress was itchy. It was the only option considering Harry told me about this damn thing three hours before we were supposed to be there. I didn't have time to do much makeup but I wasn't complaining about that too much. I didn't necessarily need it tonight. There were hardly any cameras.

"You want a drink, sweetie?" He asked, his eyes focused on the bar across the room.

"Please," I huffed, walking towards it before he could move.

He ordered for us when we were able to get the attention of the bartender and I kept my head down, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone unless it was Harry. That's one of the things I hated about these events; no one was afraid to stare. They did it shamelessly.

"Here, baby," Harry said, catching my attention and sliding the cup of vodka towards me.

I took it almost immediately and raised it to my lips. Harry kept his eyes on me and I could see him bite his tongue. I tilted my head to the side, "What?"

"You'll be on your own for a little while tonight," He said, almost sympathetically.

I looked around the room, not seeing one familiar face. My stomach churned and I raised the glass to my lips once again. The vodka coated my tongue and I fought to keep it down. Nervousness washed over my body immediately and I tightened my hand around the glass once it began to shake. Still, I just nodded my head.

"That's fine," I cleared my throat when my voice cracked at the end. Harry raised an eyebrow but I shrugged and waved him off, "I'll be fine."

He inhaled sharply, "No, fuck it. You're coming with me, my dad will just have to get the fuck over it."

My eyes widened and I shook my head, "No!" I said quickly and a little more aggressive than I wanted to. I sat my cup down, "No, I'll be fine. I'm serious. How long will you be gone?"

"No longer than 30 minutes, sweetie," He hesitated before he took a step closer to me and lowered his voice, "I don't wanna leave you here by yourself, Jai."

I smiled, "It's only thirty minutes, Harry. I don't need a babysitter."

I'd stay here all night if it meant I didn't have to be in the presence of his father. That man gave me the creeps.

"I know you don't..." He trailed off, his eyes flicking behind me.

I turned to look over my shoulder, frowning at the two beefy men.

"You're late," one of them grumbled.

I looked at Harry again and he rolled his eyes, "Yeah, I'm busy."

"Your father doesn't like to be held up-"

"Fuck, I'm busy!" He snapped, "Give me two goddamn minutes, he can fucking wait!" Harry raised his voice and I couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips as a chill slid up my spine.

Why, Jailen?

I reached out and pulled at his suit jacket, grabbing his attention again. His features softened immediately and he raised an eyebrow when he noticed I was trying not to smile.